Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I feel you! ever since having DS1, that is when I felt things started to slide down little by little, but not noticeable until I hit 40 a year and half ago! It seemed all issues started to hit me, prior to that I would work out but never consistently enough and gained weight from poor eating habits since I became SAHM.

Since turning 40, I was having a lot of GI issues and sore joints, so I started sleeping regularly with 8 hours every night. I eliminated dairy, grains, etc slowly and would do few rounds of Whole30 every few months while eating paleo rest of time, and that was key for me. Suddenly my weight began to fell off, which gave me more of an incentive to work out daily which I do now.

-8 hours of sleep
    -drink water all.the.time
    -cut back on drinking coffee
    -work out for an hour daily
    -put sunblock on my face every day YEAR round and more rest on my body over summer season
    -apply vanicream lotion on myself every time after my shower/bath
    -eat well

I still am working on my hair! it's always a hot frizz mess.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    I feel you! ever since having DS1, that is when I felt things started to slide down little by little, but not noticeable until I hit 40 a year and half ago! It seemed all issues started to hit me, prior to that I would work out but never consistently enough and gained weight from poor eating habits since I became SAHM.

Since turning 40, I was having a lot of GI issues and sore joints, so I started sleeping regularly with 8 hours every night. I eliminated dairy, grains, etc slowly and would do few rounds of Whole30 every few months while eating paleo rest of time, and that was key for me. Suddenly my weight began to fell off, which gave me more of an incentive to work out daily which I do now.

-8 hours of sleep
    -drink water all.the.time
    -cut back on drinking coffee
    -work out for an hour daily
    -put sunblock on my face every day YEAR round and more rest on my body over summer season
    -apply vanicream lotion on myself every time after my shower/bath
    -eat well

I still am working on my hair! it's always a hot frizz mess.
    Yes - 40 was the magic number (or cursed, in this case!) here too. All of a sudden it seems like I was achy and got weird texture under my eyes, hormone issues, a million more spider veins than I already had, and I got flabby. I was sure I'd gained 10lbs but the docs scale read the same (I don't own a scale lol), just loss of muscle so it's squishier and my clothes don't fit well. ANd my greys really ramped up. That's when I started coloring my hair with permanent color regularly. I just turned 44 and still don't have it figured out but I'm determined to kick a$$ by 45!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I started using Paula’s choice BHA liquid plus a retinol moisturizer, and I think my face looks a little younger now. I dress young (t-shirts and distressed denim shorts and flip flops/Birks.). I think I naturally look younger than I am (thankfully), but that’s genetics.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I just turned 37 and also started using the Paula's Choice BHA liquid. I also spent several hours reading a bunch of research studies on anti-aging and the products that actually worked for anti aging were those that contained vitamins C, B3, E, retinol, hyaluronic acid, and ferulic acid.

Skin anti-aging strategies
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583892/

Efficacy of a New Topical Nano-hyaluronic Acid in Humans
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3970829/

So now I'm using these 2 serums along with my moisturizer and have definitely noticed a difference. Even my 62 year old mom started using the Mad Hippie serum and said the wrinkles around her mouth immediately disappeared.

Mad Hippie Vitamin C Serum with Konjac Root, Hyaluronic Acid, and Ferulic Acid
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00DKF7XPW..._ixVrBb84SRPX3

Paula's Choice-RESIST Hyaluronic Acid Booster-with Ceramides
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VRF37GQ..._RLVrBbYJPHHRJ

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I like the PP suggesting having a good, stylish haircut. Also, dress as best as you can. For me, these two things make a difference in my outlook and general sense of well-being. Not sure if I look younger because of them, but I do feel hipper than the 20 or 30 somethings at my office who wear drab clothing and keep their hair way past the "need a trim" stage. No suggestions for skin creams, as I have really great skin generally--thanks to genetics. I used to get a few itchy bumps on my face--not quite acne after I turned 40, but they've cleared up now that I'm getting treated by a homeopath for Hashimotos. More sleep is such an important factor, but that is just not in the cards for me.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Take care of your skin, number 1 Sunscreen every day, pick a line with a serum and a moisturizer that works for you, night cream, eye cream. I personally use a mixture of Murad products that work well for me, but everyone is different. Plus I use a mask every few days...exfoliating, deep cleansing, and moisturizing depending on what I feel I need.

I'm starting to get stray greys here and there. I have dark blonde/light brown hair and I get blonde balayage highlights that hide them really well. And yes, a good haircut and products that work for you.

I have my nails done frequently, but if not, a good foot cream and especially a great hand cream. I always use cuticle oil on my nails at night and actually just this after https://www.cerave.com/our-products/...ream-with-pump. I underestimated how old my hands would start to look and this made a huge difference for me.

Eat well, exercise a little every day, try to get enough sleep (sleep is my big fail!)
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

RetinA
    Sunscreen
    Lifting heavy weights
    Hair dye/ highlights (I went mostly gray around 28..)
    Lots of vegetables and lean proteins

Lately I’ve been realizing how much my eyebrows have thinned. I got this brow color paste/wax and it makes a big difference on my face with very minimal time spent on makeup.

Will probably do Botox once the time comes.

Following this!! Nothing to add, sadly!! Hoping to get some great tips here. Thank you for these for those who already posted!

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Buy the best skin care you can. It will take a while to find a regimen that works for you but it is the best place to spend your money. In the morning I use an acid exfoliator, toner, hyaluroic acid, vitamin C serum and sunscreen. Evening is a double cleanse, hydrating toner, either glycolic acid or Retin-A (alternate days)and a peptide serum. There are a billion products on the market and you have to try stuff out. Nothing works for everyone. A couple of YouTubers to check out are Gothamista, Caroline Hirons, and Stephanie Nicole.

I work out hard 4 days a week and the dog gets a two mile walk everyday. I feel like garbage if I don't exercise and I sleep better now.

Wear clothes that fit perfectly. And a good haircut.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

In addition to what has been mentioned, I find posture and gait can really age someone. Keep moving, watch how much time is spent leaning over phones and computer screens. Raise the screen to eye level. I belong to a walking group. It was a coincidence that the majority of members are my age, 60's, but they keep active and take care of their appearance. They stay current on technology, style, eating healthy, etc.

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Get a fabulous haircut. ...
    This is true at any age!

I will also add ensure you're wearing the right undergarments; they don't call them "foundations" for nothing!

My other tip is if you want to become more active, you should enjoy what you're doing. This will be a greater motivation to keep doing it regularly. (I like to swim, but we don't have a pool membership; I need to find something else I enjoy.)
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast