Thread: Tween acne

Default Tween acne

11 yo DD is starting to have acne struggles. It seems so early to me for her to be having regular breakouts. She has been washing her face at night- first with Cetaphil, but we recently switched to a charcoal cleanser. This does not seem to be helping much either. What do you recommend for 11 yo dd?
    SAHM to Pete and Repeat my "Irish Twins" - DD 12/06 and DS 11/07

Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm following this one too because my 12 year old DD has begun having tiny pimples on her nose and between her eyebrows. I'm not sure if she's washing her face regularly TBH. I plan on buying her some face wash and hope she uses it in the shower at least. But maybe she needs to do it before bed as well.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    I'm following this one too because my 12 year old DD has begun having tiny pimples on her nose and between her eyebrows. I'm not sure if she's washing her face regularly TBH. I plan on buying her some face wash and hope she uses it in the shower at least. But maybe she needs to do it before bed as well.
    My DD (same age) was developing the same exact thing. Occasionally (like 2 or 3 times) she would have a huge zit pop up. She started washing her face with my face wash (purity) and then using Paula’s choice BHA liquid, and her skin looks much better. We had originally tried differin (friend is a derm PA and gave us samples of everything they recommend) but it was way too harsh and made her skin red and angry and peel. (Yes, we were using it correctly, staring off slowly).

So I recommend Paula’s choice BHA liquid after a mild cleanser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My just turned 10-year-old has struggled for the last couple years. It’s nothing awful but definitely occasional pimples. For us making sure she washes her face daily is important and we use a salicylic acid ointment. Just a regular over-the-counter one. She’s definitely somewhat lazy and sloppy about the personal hygiene stuff so I have to stay on her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk