Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Build-a-bear: anyone doing it today?

Today is Build-a-bear's pay your age day. Im just curious if anybody here went! DH was pumped about it so we drove to the mall an hour before opening and there was already a line snaking halfway around the mall, an employee was monitoring the line and told us at that point it was about a 5 hr wait. We left of course!! But I feel bad for the kids who have to wait because their parents can't give up a good deal--its already 90 degrees here today and we passed so many crying kids who had already been in line for who knows how long!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Heck no. I have no desire to A) wait in a long line, and B) own any more stuffed animals.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I didn’t even tell my kids about it as I assumed there would be an insanely long line. Besides we already own a few too many stuffed animals! lol

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

No way!
    The build a bear near me closed the line a few hours ago.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Build-a-bear: anyone doing it today?

My kids (6 and 8) have never been to Build-a-bear, and I didn't know anything about it until reading stuff on Facebook today. Apparently (according to friends' FB posts) the line at our mall started forming at 7:15 and they closed it down around 11, when it was estimated to be a 7 hr wait. No thanks.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

I hadn't heard about it until my co-worker just told me about the craziness. I read on its FB page that Build a Bear has shut the whole thing down.

Like, seriously, who thought this was a good idea? And I'm baffled by the parents throwing bigger fits than the kids. Apparently, somewhere in the UK, a fight broke out.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

BDKmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    Like, seriously, who thought this was a good idea? And I'm baffled by the parents throwing bigger fits than the kids. Apparently, somewhere in the UK, a fight broke out.
    I agree, how could they not think that this is how it would go? People get crazy over stuff like this. Now who knows how far they will have to go to appease the people who are mad over not getting their bear. I guess they will get a lot of publicity over it, though.
    DS - Feb 2010
    DD - May 2012

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'm fortunate not to have to look for bargains like that. No way in heck would I deal with that craziness. I'll pay full price and go on a nice, quiet day.

I read they were giving out vouchers worth $10 or $15, but then they ran out of those at some place. And of course, it's not enough because blah blah blah. People lose their senses when they feel they are entitled to a deal.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I read they were giving out vouchers worth $10 or $15, but then they ran out of those at some place. And of course, it's not enough because blah blah blah. People lose their senses when they feel they are entitled to a deal.
    If you log into your club account, there's a $15 voucher. You need to save/print the voucher by 7/15 and use it by 8/31.

I stopped by our local BAB and the line was 4 hours long at least. Would've been a great deal, but there's no way I could've handled both kids by myself in such a long line (in the hot sun, no less). I shopped other stores instead and then stopped by Whole Foods on the way home to get my $10 Prime Day credit.
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast