Sometimes I wonder how much of this differs from family to family. I am currently suffering similar frustrations. We have family coming for a visit next week. They are traveling from Canada to the states and the trip is for a celebration of life ceremony for my dear MIL. Three families were all on board to come back in March. Based on this information I reserved and paid for two beach houses (you have to book early or you can't get them). I found out today, that one family is not coming and another still haven't given me their arrival and departure dates and yes, they expect us to pick all 5-6 (still not sure on the finail number) from the airport. We are HAPPY to pick them up, pay for their stay, etc, but I do expect some common courtesy with regards to communication. I still haven't heard from one auntie and have resorted to going through another auntie to get all necessary information. Oh, and now that one family isn't coming, we really only need the one beach house, there went $3K. At least we'll have plenty of room to spread out. Sorry to take over your post, I really commiserate. My parents and siblings would always communicate this information in a timely manner.