Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Do you have a Nordstrom or Banana Republic/ Gap/ ON/ Athleta credit card?

If so, do you think it's worth it? Are there other perks to the Nordstrom card, other than early access to the Anniversary Sale, free hemming, and earning points? (Could someone explain how the points work?)
    And how about the other card? I'm thinking they give FS/FR and maybe an extra 10% off during sales? Does getting one of the card apply to all of the stores?

I do shop at these stores fairly often, but don't know that it's the best idea to add another store card (I have a Macy's one that I never use; just mostly use Discover).

Thanks for your feedback!

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have a Banana Republic Luxe card that I use at all the Gap brand stores. I use that far more than my Nordstrom card. Gap brands always seem to have promos all the time, and often times cardholder promos and extra off for cardholders. I think I also get extra 10% off for in-store purchases for BR and Gap. I think having a Gap brand card is worth it.

Yes to both. I rarely use the Nordstrom card - mainly for access to Anniversary Sale. I shop there but wouldn't say frequently. I think the points get you Nordstrom notes (rewards) to use.

I have a Gap card and use it frequently. They often have cardholder promos for the brands as well as opptys to earn add'l points for using it outside of the Company brands. I'm always feeling like I have rewards to use. I use some on the kids but have really began to love Athleta which is harder to get a promo on so rewards are awesome to use there One card works at all Gap brands.

Both are Visa's so not a true store card.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

dhano923 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

You can get a Nordstrom Rewards account without actually getting the credit card. I don’t have their credit card, but I do have a Rewards account. I shop mainly at Nordstrom Rack, with some Nordstrom store and online shopping thrown in. You earn points for every dollar you spend and then get a monetary reward when you hit a certain level of points.

I didn’t know it was an option to do it this this way until I was at the Rack one day and the cashier tried to sell me the credit card. When I told her I wasn't interested because I have too many cards, that’s when she told me about this program. I’ve earned several rewards already.

I used to have a Gap card until a couple years ago. I made a partial payment and accidentally keyed the wrong number, so my payment was $.01 short. They hit me with a late fee. I called to have the fee waived and they refused. I had never asked for any fees to be waived before, and I was a 10 year customer. I paid the balance off and the fee the same day, and closed my account as soon as it posted.
    Mom to:
    DS 10/03
    DD 11/05

We don’t generally do store cards. The only one I have is gap from 13 years ago. It used to be very worth it for me but not so much lately. They quality has gone way down (esp the kid stuff) , prices way (WAY) up, and every other day there’s 40% off for everyone. They’ve also closed or drastically shrunk all the gap stores near me so I shop there rarely. Personally I wouldn’t get one now (gap/ON/BR) but I’m anti store cards in general.

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I don't have any store cards. I used to shop Gap/oN/bananas more but not do much in last few years. I occasionaly buy from the clearance at gap outlet but that's about it.

I have considered the Target card, if I decide to try a store card.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

Percycat is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use Discover card and get Gap gift cards with my discover points -- 20 points = $25 -- and then take advantage of sale prices. I do the same with Lands End. I love getting "free" clothes.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Do you have a Nordstrom or Banana Republic/ Gap/ ON/ Athleta credit card?

Yes. I have Banana Republic, Athleta, Gap, and Nordstrom. I have had the Nordstrom
    one since 1998 or 1999. I got to the Gap one when DD1 was a baby and the other two more recently.

I feel like I keep better track of what I am spending at each place by having a separate store card for stores I usually shop at.

I got the LLBean Visa just for the free shipping, and monograming a few years ago. I only use it at LL Bean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-14-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

No, I have no store cards, except for Amazon.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

I have the Nordstrom card amd it is awesome. You get points for everything you buy, but somehow Nordstrom Rack and Nordstrom count more. When you hit a cerain amount of points ( I think 2000), you earn $20 in Nordstrom notes, which is akin to a Nordstrom gift card. We pay for very little with cash these days, so I get $60 tp $100 in Nordstrom notes every other month or so. There are other extras, early access to other sales at the physical store amd the ability to pick triple point days are a few.
    Last edited by westwoodmom04; 07-13-2018 at 10:24 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast