PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Birthday Gift Help 9yr old Girl

My DS has been invited to the birthday party of a classmate. She is a girl who is turning 9. I have no clue what girls this age are into. I know she likes sports and is a bit of a tomboy, so nothing too girly girl. I'd prefer something I can buy in store (I have most major stores available), and since both of my boys are going I'm willing to spend around $25. Please help!!!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Crazy's Aaron's Thinking Putty and a Squishy - both at Target. My 9 year old DD refuses to spend any of her own money usually but will willingly buy these two things.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

LEGO Friends are still a huge hit over here. Thinking putty is good too! Gift card to bookstore or movie theater are always a plus.

Target has some really neat craft kits. We have done the jewelry one, a stationary one, color your own messenger bag, waster bottle.

My 10 year old got gift certificates from BBN and Target for her birthday from friends at her party and whoa she LOVES holding them and dreaming of what she will buy... has not remembered to bring them to the store yet, though... I would never have guessed that of all things, the gift certificates have given her so much happiness. Maybe it's just the idea that she is in control and will be able to pick something out, like a form of major independence. And although she knows I can block some items, she still knows she will have a huge amount of leeway in choosing.

With kids I don’t know well, I blow up small balloons and put a dollar in each. Then I box them up and wrap them as a normal gift. Fun way to give money as a gift. If I can only fit about 10 balloons I will sometimes throw in a small gift card to somewhere as well.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thank you for these ideas!

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

A Perplexus if she doesn't have one. Target usually has them for around $20. There are different levels, but the original is fine for that age.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"