Thread: Hotel Changes

Default Hotel Changes

Venting some serious frustration here and also looking for any advice on realistic compensation/accommodations for this fiasco.

We're going to a large martial arts tournament this coming week. 3,000 competitors. We've gone to this event for over 6 years and this is the third time in same location. Made hotel reservations back in November. This hotel is connected to the downtown convention center making walking possible. This is key as DH and all three kids compete/volunteer on very different schedules. We will have one vehicle.

We arrive on Wednesday the 18th. On Thursday the 12th, I received an e-mail indicating there was water damage and they were moving us to a different hotel. This will be too far to walk. As of today two potential locations of the hotel chain they said we were moving to do not have our reservation details but they are indicating they won't be able to receive our large group. Original hotel is saying reservations are being transferred on Monday morning.

If by some miracle we do end up in the hotel that is only 2 miles away. The proposed compensation is paying for 1 of our nights, being given parking vouchers for the convention center parking and running a shuttle service between.

If that actually happens, fabulous. But based on what I am hearing so far I'm not holding my breath. My best guess is that we will be 10+ miles away and scrambling to arrange carpools among random people we meet. So, do I have something to stand on to ask for something more? I'd have a bit more sympathy if the water damage just happened but it was 4 weeks ago.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I’m assuming it is not just your family that is forced to move to a different hotel?? I would ask for those same “perks” to be given at the 10 mile away hotel as well. It isn’t your fault. My guess is the hotel was hoping to have the damage fixed in time, but finally realized it wouldn’t be ready.

I agree with you it really sucks, but it does sound like the hotel is trying to make things work, so hopefully it will all work out ok!

ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have issues with cheer comp hotels overbooking. I would not rely on a hotel for anything. I would get my own room.

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How did this work out??