Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Which kindle ereader?

We have 3 nook ereader a in our house, two of which are the first gen. Which is now no longer supported by B&N, so we can’t download any new material. Dd2 doesn’t use hers that much, she will probably just finish reading what is already stored on there. I have lots stored on mine to read yet, but would like to update mine so that I can get library books easier (the side loading on the books was always tricky and didn’t always work). So I told Dh to get me a kindle for my birthday. I can download directly from Overdrive to the kindle, correct? No side loading needed? Our library has just switched from Overdrive to Axis360 for digital content, anyone know if that also works the same with kindle?

And which kindle? I don’t read at night much (when I would need the backlight to see). Is that the only difference with the paper white from the basic kindle ereader? I know the paper white will be on sale with prime day, but will also look for deals on the basic one if that will suit my needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I prefer my iPad over the kindle but thats me. I have the VERY basic kindle I take to the beach or anyplace Im worried about my iPad getting ruined I THINK there is still a working kindle fire someplace in my house but 2 of us use Ipads 99% of the time. If the Amazon sale Monday/ Tuesday has fires cheep I may pick up one or 2 just to have or give for giving tree gifts.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

I really like my paperwhite! My previous kindle was an older one with the keyboard though, so no experience with the current basic one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm not sure if this is helpful but our library uses Overdrive and the Libby app. It's only a couple clicks to find a book in the app and check it out, click to send it to Kindle and then it opens a browser page with Amazon to specify which Kindle in my account. The process is really easy, maybe 20 seconds.

I have a Kindle paperwhite and really like it. The battery life is great and I find it much less distracting than a tablet since it's just books, especially for kids.

You can return books from the Libby app instead of finding them in the Amazon digital content section like I used to do.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I have a Paperwhite as does DD1 and we both like it. I read for a year prior to getting the Paperwhite on my iPad Mini and that was okay as well, but now that I am used to the size of the Paperwhite I am okay with it. I like the slimmer size of the Kindle, but there are sometimes I do like the larger screen on the iPad or iPad Mini. I have gotten used to the anti glare on the Kindle.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have an old Paperwhite. I love it. You can read anywhere, glare, sun, etc. The built in case is fantastic. I hope it never dies. I will definitely get Paperwhites for my boys for Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I waited so long to get a paperwhite and wish I had done it years and years sooner. Even during the day I usually read with a little bit of backlight just to make it easier on my eyes. I personally wouldn't do the regular one, I think the light is worth it.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I do have a nexus 7 tablet but it’s several years old and the battery life stinks. I’ve been using it to read books on overdrive but I do prefer to read on an e-ink screen vs. a tablet.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Get the refurbished paperwhite on prime day - $70.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love my Paperwhite!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast