Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I got a paperwhite. Mine has the extra lighting in the back. I love it. It's this one:
    Paperwhite E-reader High-Resolution Display (300 ppi) with Built-in Light, Wi-Fi

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Get the refurbished paperwhite on prime day - $70.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Should have probably grabbed the refurbished one yesterday but I was waiting to see what the regular kindle price would be today and now the refurbished ones are back to $99. So, paperwhite for $80 irregular one for $50. The regular one says it can use audible. Right now I use my iPhone for audible or overdrive ebooks in the car, so I guess that’s not really a huge perk for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ang79 View Post
    Should have probably grabbed the refurbished one yesterday but I was waiting to see what the regular kindle price would be today and now the refurbished ones are back to $99. So, paperwhite for $80 irregular one for $50. The regular one says it can use audible. Right now I use my iPhone for audible or overdrive ebooks in the car, so I guess that’s not really a huge perk for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We bought my son a regular Kindle and I checked out the "Audible" claim -- it does NOT mean audible.com so far as I've been able to tell. It means it audibly reads the book to you while you follow along. I would rather listen to audible with a different device.

I bought a refurbished paperwhite yesterday. Glad I didn't wait! (I had a Kindle Voyage but it got stolen when my purse was and after working with the $50 Kindle for a time I decided a $50 paperwhite would be "Good enough" -- $70 straight froM Amazon was close enough.)

ETA: The Audible webpage seems to think this should work so I guess I need to try it some more. https://audible.custhelp.com/app/aud...indle-ereaders
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    We bought my son a regular Kindle and I checked out the "Audible" claim -- it does NOT mean audible.com so far as I've been able to tell. It means it audibly reads the book to you while you follow along. I would rather listen to audible with a different device.

I bought a refurbished paperwhite yesterday. Glad I didn't wait! (I had a Kindle Voyage but it got stolen when my purse was and after working with the $50 Kindle for a time I decided a $50 paperwhite would be "Good enough" -- $70 straight froM Amazon was close enough.)

ETA: The Audible webpage seems to think this should work so I guess I need to try it some more. https://audible.custhelp.com/app/aud...indle-ereaders
    Looks like Audible works ONLY with Bluetooth-enabled Kindles — as far as I can figure out, those include the very basic Kindle and the Kindle Oasis (and the Fire tablet). Definitely does NOT include the Paperwhite.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    Looks like Audible works ONLY with Bluetooth-enabled Kindles — as far as I can figure out, those include the very basic Kindle and the Kindle Oasis (and the Fire tablet). Definitely does NOT include the Paperwhite.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    Oh I know. Neither the Paperwhite nor the Voyager. But my son's basic Kindle was purchased this summer -- so is the newest one. He'd like it if I could get AUdible to work so he can listen to books that way.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2