JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What to assign 7th grade ds on Khan academy?

We have used Khan academy in the past, but it has been a long time. After quite a while, I finally figured out how to assign things to the kids.

I am looking for suggestions on where ds should start. He is going into 7th grade. He learns things quickly, but tends to forget or at least have difficulty when needing to figure out which set of procedures to follow (difficulty knowing if he needs to take the steps to reduce fractions, add, multiply, etc). I am trying to decide if I should just have him do the 6th grade mastery test. What do you recommend?

Thanks!
    Last edited by JustMe; 07-15-2018 at 11:43 PM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Yes, start with the 6th grade mastery and go from there. Khan is pretty thorough so it is likely that he will spend some time reviewing skills on the 6th grade level.
    K

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Yes, start with the 6th grade mastery and go from there. Khan is pretty thorough so it is likely that he will spend some time reviewing skills on the 6th grade level.
    Thanks! I am not able to figure out how to get him to the mission warms up that help figure out what skills he needs to work on. He has the app on his phone and that choice was not coming up when we logged him in. I just logged in as him on my computer and went to the 6th grade mission warm up and hope that will show up on his phone app when he logs in.
    Last edited by JustMe; 07-16-2018 at 01:41 AM.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes