Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Light wrap or cardigan
    Lara bars or other filling snack that could be an “emergency lunch” if I couldn’t get away to eat
    Gum or mints
    Small toiletry bag with hairbrush and some makeup
    Advil
    Coffee mug and reusable water bottle
    DS age 9

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    Lara bars or other filling snack that could be an “emergency lunch” if I couldn’t get away to eat
    That's a good point. At my previous job, it was very common for people to keep frozen dinners at work.There were no food options within easy walking distance and it could take a few minutes to jump in the car and drive somewhere.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Default What do you keep at the office

I wouldn’t keep any snacks except almonds or healthy equivalent or would just eat junk that I don’t need to eat at work. I never kept most of the things listed in any office. I had personal pens I liked, leather desk mat, fresh flowers delivered weekly (small indulgence) but didn’t keep food or water or packets of anything. When I was going to work out, I brought a bag but didn’t keep one in my office all the time. Water bottle would be good, we had food around our office all the time (lots of catered lunches or working lunches) and bottled water and sparkling water and other beverages provided. I was a Pellegrino addict. I did keep a bottle of ibuprofen in my desk and keep one in my car still. I also worked downtown with every kind of restaurant available and Starbucks or other options and drugstores if needed. I didn’t really do photos (no kids then!) but had a painting and diplomas which was the culture for large law firms at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by HannaAddict; 07-19-2018 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HannaAddict View Post
    I wouldn’t keep any snacks except almonds or healthy equivalent or would just eat junk that I don’t need to eat at work. I never kept most of the things listed in any office.
    I kept safety pins in my desk and an art piece on the wall, but that was the extent of personal items. I had a mini fridge (gifted to me when someone left and not anything I needed or wanted) in my office and brought hard boiled eggs every Monday to eat in a pinch. A lot of items people mentioned (charging cord, tampons, makeup), I always had in my purse and I brought water bottle everyday on my long commute.

Hmmm, let me open my drawer here.

First, I went to IKEA and bought some adhesive mounted mirrors for the back of my office door so I can make sure I don't have lipstick on my teeth or toilet paper stuck to my shoes before I teach a class. They came in a 4 pack. I have 3 on the door and one behind them on the side of a bookcase so that I can see the back of my hair. They aren't visible with the office door open.

Speaking of hair, I have a brush, wide tooth comb, argan oil, bobby pins, pony tail holders, etc.
    Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouthwash, floss, toothpicks, etc
    snacks
    screwdriver
    liner socks to wear with flats
    nail file/clippers
    tide stain remover pen
    forks/spoons/knives
    papertowels
    small retractable box opener
    water bottles
    cell phone charger
    headphones/charger
    Last edited by zukeypur; 07-19-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I keep a crazy amount of stuff and yet I found myself without contact solution or eye drops today.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I haven't read all the replies so sorry if this was already mentioned but when I worked in an office, I kept a small knife and cutting board there. One of my favorite lunches was crusty bread, cheese, nuts, and dried or fresh fruit. Easy ingredients to pack and then assemble at work, feels like a luxurious lunch

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3