Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Gift for my mom, turning 75?

My mom is turning 75 this Sunday, and I don't have a gift for her! She doesn't really need anything, but I need to get her something. I often get her funky jewelry, or something for her garden, so will look into those. But it's getting tight timewise! Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My family went in on a beautiful diamond necklace for my mom’s 75th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My mom is in her late 70s and she doesn’t want more stuff. I give them GCs to restaurants they like, as if I am there to take them out. I also send family pictures.

almostmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's a great idea, but she has diamonds from her mom, and doesn't need any expensive jewelry (in fact has been selling hers!).

I think I will pay for dinner on Saturday night. And maybe make a photo book of her life (I have some old photos I can scan). We are going away for her birthday the following weekend with my sisters, but my mom is paying for the 3-day trip (she has the money to do it, and we don't!)...

Hmmm... if we could get a professional photographer when we're all away, that would make her super happy. I'll look into that.
    Liz

DS 11/03
    DD 12/05

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by squimp View Post
    My mom is in her late 70s and she doesn’t want more stuff. I give them GCs to restaurants they like, as if I am there to take them out. I also send family pictures.
    Same here.

ETA: My Mom turns 75 this year. I’m finally going to get her a digital frame loaded with pictures.
    Last edited by jgenie; 07-16-2018 at 11:28 AM.

I was going to suggest photo related as well. Professional picture of you all she would love, and you would all have something to treasure from that memory too. And photo book is a great idea. These are things my own mom loves and are favorite personal gifts.

Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My mom turns 80 in the spring and we decided to take her in a cruise. She doesn't want more stuff. We may also get her a new computer since hers is slow and old. Other gifts she has liked are old tapes transferred to DVD and having old pics scanned so she has them on her computer. She also got an Echo for Christmas and enjoyed that.

Quote Originally Posted by almostmom View Post

Hmmm... if we could get a professional photographer when we're all away, that would make her super happy. I'll look into that.
    That sounds perfect!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

THIS!!! Totally!!! I am saving my pennies to do this with the whole family someday because I know mom would LOVE IT!
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

Default Gift for my mom, turning 75?

We did this last summer for my mom’s 70th. She was so happy and the pictures came out great!
    Plus the memories from the photo shoot are priceless - my brothers were in rare form and had a running commentary on everything happening around us...no one could keep a straight face, even my dad

Last edited by billysmommy; 07-18-2018 at 07:20 AM.
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast