Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default When does back to school sale season start?

We have a little time still but there are several charities I'd like to do the "fill a backpack" for and can do more with good sales. Anything good yet?

Also I feel like at one point there was a blog or spreadsheet somewhere with price points to watch for and stock up. Anyone have a link or remember the target prices for stock up on basics?
    Last edited by calebsmama03; 07-16-2018 at 11:13 AM.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

NOW.
    The supplies are in the store NOW and at great prices. I purchased supplies for backpacks for my kids in Honduras just over a week ago. Both Dollar Tree and Wal-mart were stocked. 25 cent notebooks, crazy-art crayons. 2 for $1 Scissors. Etc.

Our VBS will be collecting backpacks and supplies next week (July 23)
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

Quote Originally Posted by vonfirmath View Post
    NOW.
    The supplies are in the store NOW and at great prices. I purchased supplies for backpacks for my kids in Honduras just over a week ago. Both Dollar Tree and Wal-mart were stocked. 25 cent notebooks, crazy-art crayons. 2 for $1 Scissors. Etc.

Our VBS will be collecting backpacks and supplies next week (July 23)
    Really?! I've seen supplies in stores but just at typical prices, nothing great yet. And out backpacks are due the 20th.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yep. Target has already put it their back to school stuff. I’m sure Walmart has too.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Really?! I've seen supplies in stores but just at typical prices, nothing great yet. And out backpacks are due the 20th.
    Other people on my Sponsor group says OfficeMax has 1 cent deals? I don't know because it isn't worth it for me to go to that many stores.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I was just going to post the same thing!! I just went to Walgreens and didnt see much of any sort of sale. Even the display section seemed smaller than usual.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

It depends on when school starts where you live. School starts 8/6 here so the deals have already started. If your school starts later I would imagine deals start later too.

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    It depends on when school starts where you live. School starts 8/6 here so the deals have already started. If your school starts later I would imagine deals start later too.
    Ah. School starts August 16 here.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    And yet, school doesn't start until either the week before or the week after labor day here (depends on district) and the sales have begun!
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

I'm really underwhelmed so far this year. Luckily I stock up every year so I have a surplus on most stuff but where are the staples 1cent/5cent/10cent deals with $5 purchase? 25cent crayola crayons are now 50 cents. The Walgreens Ticonderoga sale is usually this week (I looked back at my notes) and nada. It's absolutely killing me to pay these prices when I know what I've paid in past years but we start in 2 weeks so I don't have time to wait. Boo.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast