Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    I'm really underwhelmed so far this year. Luckily I stock up every year so I have a surplus on most stuff but where are the staples 1cent/5cent/10cent deals with $5 purchase? 25cent crayola crayons are now 50 cents. The Walgreens Ticonderoga sale is usually this week (I looked back at my notes) and nada. It's absolutely killing me to pay these prices when I know what I've paid in past years but we start in 2 weeks so I don't have time to wait. Boo.
    Me too! I feel like I must have either missed the deals or they just aren't there this year.

You are right on the Walgreen's pencils too. They are $1.99 for 10 this week and they've always been $.99 for 10. I don't know that they will go down to $.99 this year or not. Same week and they are on sale, but it's for twice as much!
    Last edited by KrisM; 08-02-2018 at 07:05 AM.
    Kris

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The WalMarts near me have had great sales going since before July 20. I bought poster board and markers that day and the Crayola markers were maybe .97? And the other day I bought a few notebooks for .25 each. We start school before the end of August.
    DS age 9

I read on my local Facebook group that Office Depot isn't doing the 1 cent/5 cent deals this year. Instead, they are doing a "low prices all season" pricing strategy. That seems to be the direction Target has gone in for the last several years. Fewer super-cheaper weekly specials and more season-long deals that aren't as deep.

I'm wondering if Office Depot will do the $1 Ticonderoga pencils.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    The WalMarts near me have had great sales going since before July 20. I bought poster board and markers that day and the Crayola markers were maybe .97? And the other day I bought a few notebooks for .25 each. We start school before the end of August.
    Crayola washable or regular? $1 is an average BTS price for the regular ones. The washable haven't been on sale anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    I read on my local Facebook group that Office Depot isn't doing the 1 cent/5 cent deals this year. Instead, they are doing a "low prices all season" pricing strategy. That seems to be the direction Target has gone in for the last several years. Fewer super-cheaper weekly specials and more season-long deals that aren't as deep.

I'm wondering if Office Depot will do the $1 Ticonderoga pencils.
    Costco has always had a big pack of Ticonderoga that worked out to about the same per pencil but unsharpened. I still have plenty of pencils so I'm holding off and worst case I'll grab that if I see it. I love those pre sharpened ones, though!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

This year the sales have not been as good. As a teacher, I need to stock up, but this year have not found glue sticks, folders, and notebooks for as cheap as I have previous years. Office Depot even cut back on their teacher appreciation day/sale.

ciw is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Crayola washable or regular? $1 is an average BTS price for the regular ones. The washable haven't been on sale anywhere.
    Crayola 8 ct washable markers are on sale this week at Kmart for $1. There aren't too many Kmarts anymore, but it looks like Kmart is selling the markers for the same price online. You may be able to get another store to price match.

melrose7 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KrisM View Post
    Me too! I feel like I must have either missed the deals or they just aren't there this year.

You are right on the Walgreen's pencils too. They are $1.99 for 10 this week and they've always been $.99 for 10. I don't know that they will go down to $.99 this year or not. Same week and they are on sale, but it's for twice as much!
    Walgreens has the pencils for $.99 this week.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2