Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Should be fine in a few hours honestly. By the next day, no restrictions. Slight chance she’ll still have to be gentler eating the next day, but her activity level should not need to be adjusted.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Just a few hours while the local anesthesia wears off. My 9 year old had 2 removed in the morning and I dropped her off to school right after the procedure. I honestly didn't think it was a big deal, i was not brought up in the USA and it was not a big deal back in my home country. When DD came home she said her teacher was surprised that she came to school after tooth extraction. She said she felt fine, just a bit of numb feeling in the area but that was it. I did ask the dentist whether she can go to school and was told absolutely!!.
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

DS had his done, he was fine the next day. It really did help, the teeth came in the way they were supposed to.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We just went through this with 7yo DC who had 2 molars pulled. We went to an oral surgeon who used conscious sedation. DC has mild asthma so we were also told to give the albuterol inhaler once we got to the waiting room before the procedure. The whole thing took about 10mins. DC did cry afterward and felt mopey for an hour likely due to the anesthesia. DC bit down on gauze for about an hour afterward. 3 hours afterward DC was back to normal, but I wouldn’t have sent DC back to school the same day. DC went back to school the next day and was totally fine. We were told no straws for one week. I did feed softer foods for a couple days. I was nervous beforehand, but the whole thing was honestly very easy and straightforward.

Two of mine have had to have a baby tooth pulled due to adult tooth growing in funny, and both were fine by that night. Definitely up for anything the next day!
    Sharing advice/encouragement for homeschoolers at Homeschooling for Normal People

DD2 had a tooth extracted when she was about 7.

She had fallen and the tooth had pushed back. Then the big tooth grew in and the baby tooth wouldn't come out, which was affected the ability of the big tooth to come into place completely.

I was anxious about the tooth being pulled, but in the end it was pretty easy for DD2. I think they used laughing gas, not sure, and definitely some needle put in the gums - but DD2 was awake.

DD2 was fine within a day, maybe 2. It turned out to not be a big deal.

Good luck!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2