PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Photo book help please!

I've always done Shutterfly photo books for out vacations. I usually do them on our desktop computer, whenever I find a decent book code.
    Our desktop computer died. I'm trying to make the book now on my tablet. I'm having several problems-
    1. Shutterfly is only allowing me to select 200 photos for the book. I don't understand, if it's unlimited pages right now, why can't I select more photos? I tried on my phone on the app instead and that only allows me to select 100!
    2. I spent over an hour selecting the allowed 200 photos, and despite my selecting the kind of book that says I get to select which photos go where, it keeps setting the photos for me. It won't let me delete photos or move to a different page. It won't let me select each page's layout like I used to do. The "tray" at the bottom is the pages it set up for me, not the photos for me to set in, like it used to be.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this how shutterfly works now? Is there a different photo book site that will let me do all the customization, and allow more than 200 photos?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Are you in the wrong mode? Use the custom path on your computer.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I clicked custom path and it still did that, twice.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wonder if it’s because you’re doing it on the tablet and that is considered a mobile version. For full capability, I think you have to use the computer, or it could be a software glitch so contact Shutterfly and ask.

I’ve been happy with mixbook overall, but I’m using my computer.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I would contact them right away because it takes 2 days to get a response. Their app (and CS help) is horrible. If I ever have a free prints deal (app) only, I make a file on my computer and then order from my iPhone because it's so difficult. Every time they send me a survey, I actually take time out to answer so I can say how horrible it is.

ETA: That said, I do like their books best, but I only make 1 a year so I've only compared them to 3 other companies over the years.
    Last edited by specialp; 07-22-2018 at 11:36 AM.

The problem is that you're using the app. Here are the limits: https://www.shutterfly.com/support/?...d-b9dcceaef16b

Quote Originally Posted by candaceb View Post
    The problem is that you're using the app. Here are the limits: https://www.shutterfly.com/support/?...d-b9dcceaef16b
    Ah, thank you! That's annoying, because I entered the site through browser, not the app, and don't have a desktop to work on anymore.
    Any experience with Costco photo books?

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    Ah, thank you! That's annoying, because I entered the site through browser, not the app, and don't have a desktop to work on anymore.
    Any experience with Costco photo books?

Love Costco photo books! Unless I have a free or drastically reduced price offer from Shutterfly or another service I use Costco. I read somewhere a few years back that their printing service was the same as Mix Book.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)