jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Point Pleasant NJ?

We’re thinking of doing a day trip to Point Pleasant. Anyone have any tips regarding the beach? How busy does it get? What time do we need to arrive? Favorite places to eat? Anything else we should do while in the area? Family friendly or wilder groups? Is there a nicer beach nearby that we should look into? TIA
    Last edited by jgenie; 08-01-2018 at 10:20 AM.

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are you heading to Jenkinsons? Aquarium, Beach, rides, etc. There's alot of great beach towns just north and south of PP.
    Gets really busy on the weekends.
    Can't help w/ restaurants though!

Family friendly.

I was just there couple of weekends ago while my out of town mom was visiting for the day.

Not sure how old your kids are, but there’s a small amusement park there your kids can ride. It isn’t a whole day but couple of hours as there’s a lot of smaller rides for kids my age. You’ve to pay beach tags for the day to gain access to the beach. Right off the boardwalk.

Other beach towns nearby are sea girt which is nice, asbury Park is bit north of PP and very popular. No rides there though, I think. But has a long boardwalk with nice eateries. The aquarium in PP isn’t the best or big, so go in with low expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for the replies! We’re not set on PP. We have friends visiting from out of state and they want to visit an ocean beach. We’ll be at Great Adventure then plan to head to the beach the next day. Kids are 13, 11, 10 and 8. We’re looking for parking near the beach and good restaurants for lunch. A few shops would be nice but not a necessity. Is PP our best bet or should we try another beach? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Thanks for the replies! We’re not set on PP. We have friends visiting from out of state and they want to visit an ocean beach. We’ll be at Great Adventure then plan to head to the beach the next day. Kids are 13, 11, 10 and 8. We’re looking for parking near the beach and good restaurants for lunch. A few shops would be nice but not a necessity. Is PP our best bet or should we try another beach? TIA
    Great Adventure is bit inland at Jackson and not far from either Point Pleasant and Asbury Park beaches. Nothing good to eat at the actual boardwalk in Point pleasant but there is couple decent restaurants in that neighborhood. Asbury Park has tons more better options when it comes to good restaurants.

Soeakeatery and Taluta are two I recommend since I ate there with the boys last summer.

Can’t really tell you about parking. It can be tough on weekends, and we tend to hit the boardwalk/beach in the mornings to secure good parking spot. There are free street parking but hard to come by, and paid parking lots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I also like Sea Girt and Spring Lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains