Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

The National Aquarium is awesome, but it's expensive and it's not a two or three hour experience. And parking is an additional expense. I'm not trying to discourage you, but it sounds like you want a quick drop in. I'm not familiar with the aquariums you mentioned or the Bass Pro Shop aquarium, but they sound more like what you're looking for.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thank you. This was just the kind of info I was looking for. Had no idea there could be lines to get in.

Are all Bass Pro Shops the same? We went to one a few years ago and it had a huge fish tank in the back of the store.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by emily View Post
    Thank you. This was just the kind of info I was looking for. Had no idea there could be lines to get in.

Are all Bass Pro Shops the same? We went to one a few years ago and it had a huge fish tank in the back of the store.
    I found this on their site. It sounds more like a giant fish tank than a museum type aquarium.

Aquarium
    Stop by the 23,000 gallon freshwater aquarium where you will find a lieu of citations and our state record blue catfish that was caught in Virginia waters.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

cagey is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We've got a a family membership to the Baltimore aquarium and agree a) buy timed entry tickets ahead of time and b) plan at least 4 hrs on your first visit. We go at least once a month and spend most of the day there.

That said, for a side trip in route between Annapolis and Richmond, I'd consider the IRvine Nature Center in Owings Mills. Its not a pure aquarium but they have a few tanks of native fish and turtles. It also has a nice open classroom/interactive play area.

https://www.explorenature.org/

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with the suggestions of Baltimore or Bass Pro. I believe the aquarium in DC was closed...and rightly so.

I know you are looking for an aquarium but the National Zoo is fantastic!! And there is a small aquarium house at the bottom of the zoo. We really miss this zoo. Bonus...it’s free, although parking is not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2