Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    She didn't seem to know why it was taking so long, only that "it takes a couple days".

I just feel so so dumb and this never would have happened if I did things right. And now I have a broken $50k car and no insurance and I did everything wrong.
    I call BS on it taking a few days to insure a car. Its not a new customer. Esp if you're transferring plates over. Maybe you could have been a little more diligent on double checking that there was a sticker but seriously, you just spent $50k on a car ... in cash. THey should be bending over backwards to get things done for you; THEY are the expereinced ones who are supposed to know how things work. THEY screwed up; not you.

Got any atty friends? I'm betting a quick call from one will get it sorted for you.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Quote Originally Posted by Green_Tea View Post
    How did you drive off the lot in the car without proof of insurance? Where I live you cannot register the car or put plates on without it. If the dealership screwed that up, they should be helping you. They should never have let you leave the lot in a car that was not legally registered.
    I am wondering this too. I have never been able to leave the dealership before the insurance company faxes them an insurance binder. Does this work differently if you pay cash? (We financed our last vehicle purchase, then had an issue with the finance company that annoyed us enough that we decided to pay he whole thing off a month later, but I don’t know if the insurance requirements were different because we had initially financed?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I am wondering this too. I have never been able to leave the dealership before the insurance company faxes them an insurance binder. Does this work differently if you pay cash? (We financed our last vehicle purchase, then had an issue with the finance company that annoyed us enough that we decided to pay he whole thing off a month later, but I don’t know if the insurance requirements were different because we had initially financed?)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It’s a law in Massachusetts. You need auto.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    It’s a law in Massachusetts. You need auto.

I'm reading that even if I hadn't called, insurance would still be valid per my old policy.
    I'm not sure why insurance company is being so difficult. Insurance company is Amica. Have had them for 23 years in various forms, my family even longer (auto, home, life, etc.) Haven't had many claims, one fender bender in a parking garage and my husband's windshield cracked, so WTF?

I did give the dealer a copy of my current auto policy and they photocopied it before I left, so I guess that is proof of insurance?

Image-1.jpg
    Last edited by basil; 08-05-2018 at 09:54 AM.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oh man I can’t even imagine....best wishes to you and I hope this gets cleared up
    Soon. I would also look for help from a local auto dealers association or the BBB to get this fixed ASAP if the car dealer won’t help with the damages done to your car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Your company is Amica? That is so weird that they are dragging their feet. They are known for their customer service. I bet things get cleared up. We have Amica, and I had a fender bender, and they were awesome.

I do wonder if there was something wrong with your alarm on your car? My kids, who weigh less than 55# bump my car while playing and the alarm goes off. I can't imagine it not going off if someone jacked up the car and still all the wheels. Just a thought...
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Really having a tough time with this

This is soooooooo not your fault. I agree with all the advice above
    I understand beating yourself up over it all, I do that too when there’s large amounts of money involved. Be gentle on yourself, remind yourself you did everything right, you didn’t cause this. It will be sorted out. Let go of the angst.

Last edited by niccig; 08-05-2018 at 02:47 PM.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Move up the chain at the insurer. Call Corp. Call the freaking state insurance oversight whatever. In my state you are covered when you get a new car. You need to get them the info but you have weeks to do so. It is covered even before that happens. We hit a deer the same day we picked up a car. I'd given them a heads up it was in the works but that's it, no details no insurance card (just the old car's). It was covered.

Take your upset and turn it into anger and action. They are screwing with you. Don't let them.

TELL them forcefully that you are a 23 year customer. Tell them to pull your history. Are you really someone they want to lose!?
    Last edited by khm; 08-05-2018 at 06:45 PM.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Did you ever tell us what color your new car is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I get being upset, especially when all you want is enjoy your cash purchased car! But it’s time to get angry with the dealership AND your insurance company.

I’ve lived in 3 different states and each state, I’ve had a car financed and bought outright. The process vary each time, but I recall hitting a deer literally not even day after picking up my new car. Not a problem for insurance, auto body, etc. it’s normal when your insurance wants to send someone out to assess your car before repairs, but it’s usually quick. Not days and certainly not weeks! I go up the chain and demand things to be done tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast