Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Not ready for school to start.

We still have 2 weeks but I am really bummed about summer ending. I never feel like we've done enough. The kids are at the age now that they don't want to old standbys- try new parks, zoo, pool... Ds1 is so busy with swimming and now band + lifeguarding that when he has down time, I am reluctant to make him do anything but chill out. Ds2 is happiest at home relaxing too. I always feel like we should be doing something more but, man, it's hard to fight their lack of interest! I think I'm going to plan out the remaining days and not leave it to them to decide. They always enjoy it when we go out but it isn't their first choice. I'll create a mix of relax days and do stuff days.
    I wish school started after Labor Day.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I hear you! We've had the worst weather this summer, it's rained almost every day. I feel like we didn't get to do all of the fun stuff I had planned because we were stuck inside.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I hear you! I’ve already been back for 2 weeks setting up my classroom and we start our professional meetings this week. We are taking a last minute trip to Legoland today to close out our summer. Still it feels like we just got out of school and I’m not ready to go back. I’m enjoying my time off with my own kids.

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    I hear you! I’ve already been back for 2 weeks setting up my classroom and we start our professional meetings this week. We are taking a last minute trip to Legoland today to close out our summer. Still it feels like we just got out of school and I’m not ready to go back. I’m enjoying my time off with my own kids.

But Legoland!! Have a great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    I hear you! We've had the worst weather this summer, it's rained almost every day. I feel like we didn't get to do all of the fun stuff I had planned because we were stuck inside.

At least for us rainy days then don't make me feel guilty that we aren't outside enjoying the day! But, they sure are frustrating when you want/ need to get out of the house or have something fun planned!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We didn't get out till mid-June and don't go back until after Labor Day but I am so sad summer is ending. My kids have two weeks left of camp and then we have a family trip right before school starts. It feels like it is ending too quickly. I love summer. I love the weather. I love the extra daylight. I feel your pain.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We have 3 weeks and it has flown by. DS1 starts high school and marching band started 2 weeks ago. I feel like that is when summer ended!

DD goes to camp Wednesday for 12 days. She gets home and has 1 week until school starts.

Like you, I don't feel like we've done enough. I have a few things planned for when DD is gone, because we do have some open days then. Otherwise, it's been a weird summer.
    Kris

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I feel the same way and am really bummed my lone week of vacation for the last week is now over. I have my regular day off tomorrow (as I work 9/80) and two more days off (including another regular day off, and a day off before Dd1 starts school) before the kids start school (Dd1 starts on 8/22, and DD2 starts on 8/29).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ok this makes me feel so guilty but I'm in that part of my summer when I'm counting down the days until school starts. My energy reserves and enthusiasm start the summer high but the pressures of everything we do in the summer gradually wears me down until I'm just about to lose it when the school year starts! I wish I was better about cherishing the moment as some of you are doing!

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    At least for us rainy days then don't make me feel guilty that we aren't outside enjoying the day! But, they sure are frustrating when you want/ need to get out of the house or have something fun planned!
    I am not open of those creative moms that can come up with creative indoor fun, especially since there is such a big age gap between them. All this crap weather has resulted in way too much screen time and stir crazy kids!
    Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Ok this makes me feel so guilty but I'm in that part of my summer when I'm counting down the days until school starts. My energy reserves and enthusiasm start the summer high but the pressures of everything we do in the summer gradually wears me down until I'm just about to lose it when the school year starts! I wish I was better about cherishing the moment as some of you are doing!
    Don't feel guilty, my reserves are gone too. This horrible weather has basically ruined our summer

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast