Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Ok this makes me feel so guilty but I'm in that part of my summer when I'm counting down the days until school starts. My energy reserves and enthusiasm start the summer high but the pressures of everything we do in the summer gradually wears me down until I'm just about to lose it when the school year starts! I wish I was better about cherishing the moment as some of you are doing!
    Don’t feel bad. My kids are in camp all day so i don’t have to be their entertainment. and I love hearing about camp and then having late nights.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m right there with you! At start of summer as I’m looking out over 12 weeks of summer days to fill I’m never sure how we will survive it. my kids don’t love camp so it’s generally two weeks of camp and 10 weeks of me playing cruise director. We’ve got four weeks left and as usual I would love to tack on another two weeks. No luck so we’re goin* to work hard to squeeze out as much fun of the days left as we can!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I, too, wish school started after Labor Day! I would much rather they go later in June.

We have 2.5 weeks left, but sports craziness starts in full swing on August 13 with daily practice.

My boys just finished camp Friday and since school let out mid June, we've been to quite few long weekend trips away and they were GREAT!!!! It's the last one last weekend as we've our week long shore vacation coming up later this month. Still have 4 weeks to the day to fill in before boys return to school, and I'll probably feel like you, OP the Sunday morning after we return home from our shore vacation!

We usually find out online during that week away on the teacher DS1 will get and classmates, so that'll feel much more real summer is closing out so soon! I love our easier pace of life, longer bright days, late nights and easy meals, etc. But I hate summer though! I'm such a wallflower with the heat and suffer easily from heat stroke if im not careful in pacing myself with the sun, shade and suncream. Having that said, this summer is the 1st summer I felt a new level of independence in our boys as DS2 is no longer tied to a napping schedule, can dress himself, long past potty training and swimming in water without his puddle jumper, that it's been a real fun relaxing summer in our household.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We moved this summer. The kids got out June 14 from our previous district and go back August 13 (next Monday!) in our new one. They’re bummed, and see my post about DD being diverted to another school. Last night she told me she wants to run away back to Orange County.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm ready to find out which teachers the kids have and to stop going through so much sunscreen. I'm not ready for packing lunches and homework though! I can't believe they start school next Monday.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really wish school started after Labor Day as well. Our school used to but then they changed it. DS2 still has 2.5 weeks of summer left and DS1 has 3. We also have our 10 day trip to Vancouver/Victoria next week. I think it's too hot to go back to school in August. It's 96 degrees right now and will remain that hot for another month or two.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I've worked pretty much all summer and have been paying so much $ for camps and putting in so much effort to find childcare for them. So for me, I am more than happy for them to go back to school. That being said, my evenings after work have been more relaxing, since I haven't had to deal with homework, etc., and my mornings more relaxed since it's OK to be a bit late for camp.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    I've worked pretty much all summer and have been paying so much $ for camps and putting in so much effort to find childcare for them. So for me, I am more than happy for them to go back to school. That being said, my evenings after work have been more relaxing, since I haven't had to deal with homework, etc., and my mornings more relaxed since it's OK to be a bit late for camp.
    Yes to this! Our childcare costs will be cut in half in two weeks!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Yes to this! Our childcare costs will be cut in half in two weeks!

My friend sent me a great job lead end of May and I couldn't bring myself to do it (I consult and set my own hours now). I saw summer looming and thought about the costs and logistics and let that job go. I figured I'd be paying more than I was earning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast