MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Headband for exercise that will stay put

Can anyone recommend a headband (preferably not thin) that actually stays on during exercise (spinning, running, etc)? I've tried so many different ones that are supposedly "non slip" and "grip," but they all seem to slide off, slip, or move at some point during my exercise. And I find myself fiddling with it and readjusting. I would like to not have to use bobby pins to hold it in place, though I'm sure that would help. I've been using the Scrunci active nonslip one for now from Target. The other Scrunci ones have all slipped, and the various Champion C9 ones have also not worked well on me. I've tried a few on at Lululemon and Athleta, but I'm just not sure which will do the job.

Thanks for any recs!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The key is you have to wear them at your hairline to keep them from slipping. If I have any hair exposed on my forehead the band will slip. But if I wear it at my hairline it stays put and I do a lot of jumping around and intense workouts. I like the Lululemon ones. I usually buy on sale when they are discontinuing a color. They have a variety of widths. I also have sweaty bands knock offs (a lady at our gym makes and sells them for a charity) and they stay put. However I really need mine more for sweat than than hair control so I need the fabric all around like the Lululemon ones. Sweaty bands have fabric on top and elastic underneath.

Thanks for the advice! I do wear at the hairline which does help. I guess I'm just hoping for some miracle headband! 😁

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about athletic or vet wrap instead?

USWNT player Julie Ertz (among others on the USWNT) uses that to keep her hair off her face in addition to her signature high ponytails.

It's cheaper than pricey headbands that don't stay put and comes in all kinds of fun colors.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Are Sweaty Band brand still around? They are basically ribbon on top, velvet ribbon on your hair and elastic at back. Other than Prewrap it's the only kind that works for my daughter and many of her similarly straight and fine haired friends. Prewrap is what almost all of them do. They did the Sweaty Bands when they were younger. That velvet ribbon holds! I made a bunch of them myself back in the day. Worked great. I did thick ones and thin ones.

Junk Headbands are supposed to be fantastic.
    https://www.junkbrands.com/?gclid=EA...SAAEgLCYfD_BwE

I have Lishybands from Etsy that I like. The key for me is a thin strip at the bottom, otherwise they slip.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Sweatybands are the best!
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

I love treadbands for running and Orangetheory; the tie back ones are the only thing that works for my big head. Everything else is too tight and gives me headaches. The have a grip and don’t slide.

Thank you for the recommendations. I will research them Also, I was at REI and tried on the Halo II headband. This seems to work well so far. Time will tell if it stretches out too much.

https://store.haloheadband.com/Halo-...dband-p/hp.htm