Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default S/O: Drink that tastes like Sauvignon Blanc but isn't??

I need a bright/refreshing drink for summer. Like dry white wine but not alcoholic. I can't do seltzer or soda with lime--ugh. I tried La Croix-ugh. I don't care if it's not diet--wine isn't and I drink that! Could be something I mix with Diet Sprite???? Maybe tonic water with something??

Funny note on La Croix--DD said there was a tweet or something that she read that said "La Croix tastes like a dystopian future where you are not allowed to have feelings".
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I need a bright/refreshing drink for summer. Like dry white wine but not alcoholic. I can't do seltzer or soda with lime--ugh. I tried La Croix-ugh. I don't care if it's not diet--wine isn't and I drink that! Could be something I mix with Diet Sprite???? Maybe tonic water with something??

Funny note on La Croix--DD said there was a tweet or something that she read that said "La Croix tastes like a dystopian future where you are not allowed to have feelings".
    Ha! My DDs love sparkling water. Not sure if it because it's something "new" and think it is Mom's drink so party on? But we don't do soda here diet or regular.

Maybe it is the flavor? Waterloo Watermelon has a tinge of flavor but not as sharp tasting as the La Croix.

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I love diet tonic with lime, even without gin. It’s a little bitter, not too sweet. There are boutique tonics in grocery stores around here if you don’t care about diet.

I also found this sparkling water called “spindrift” at Costco which is like 9 parts sparkling water and 1 part real citrus juice. I like lacroix but this is way better. Even my kids like it. Ymmv!

Spindrift sparkling water is a favorite here. Love the grapefruit, blackberry, lemon and raspberry lime. They just came out with half and half (black tea and lemon) and CranRas which are great but not available everywhere yet.
    We make homemade simple syrups to mix with them. Ginger simple syrup with the grapefruit, rosemary simple syrup with the lemon.
    We get it at Target, Stop & Shop, Trader Joe’s and Costco depending on which flavor and where it’s on sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    I tried La Croix-ugh.
    I can't help you on your search, but have to say La Croix depends on the flavor for me. I like a lot of them, but orange and grapefruit are awful!

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I can't help you on your search, but have to say La Croix depends on the flavor for me. I like a lot of them, but orange and grapefruit are awful!
    *looks down at the can of grapefruit beside me and shrugs*

I also like spindrift and drink a lot of Arnold Palmer, heavy on the tea, just a splash of lemonade, sometimes with a little sparkling water for bubbles.

This is so not in the category of sauvignon blanc, but it is my drink this summer. I have to limit to one alcoholic drink a week and I'm doing weight watchers so don't want something with a lot of calories. And I try to limit my splenda/nutrasweet/etc to my one diet coke a day.
    Core Organic is the best.
    https://smile.amazon.com/CORE-Bevera...Bbeverage&th=1

It is priced higher right now than what I've gotten before - it has been $18 and then $15.xx on Prime day - and it's 3/$5 at my grocery store. I figure it's cheaper than beer.

mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Spindrift grapefruit. It’s subtle but amazing. Not a fan of their other flavors.

OP, I had the elderflower and lime drink from TJs, and it tasted a little wine like. They're lightly carbonated. Could that be it? They're refreshing, and the cans are small so not too many empty calories.

Quote Originally Posted by mikala View Post
    *looks down at the can of grapefruit beside me and shrugs*
    Grapefruit is one of my favorites, although I like them all. Yum. I haven't tried coconut though. I hate coconut so that flavor scares me...fizzy coconut? Shudder.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I read a joke repost on Facebook that read "la croix tastes like someone ate a fruit salad and then burped into your water bottle." 🤣🤣🤣

I love sparkling water, but I prefer Arrowhead or Talking Rain.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast