Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Movie for 10 year old girls?

My DD's 10th bday is coming up and she is having a "late over" party. As part of the party, she wants to watch a movie. She loves sports, dolls, crafts, and likes shows/movies such as Just Add Magic, Star Wars, Dolphin Tale, American Ninja Warrior, Fuller House - so would like a pretty wide range of movies. Other activities at the party will be swimming, make your own pizzas, spin the nail polish bottle game, painting sleep masks. Any favorite movies for this tween age group? I want something that will appeal to a wide range of girls, isn't too babyish, but acceptable for varying parenting styles too.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Parent Trap?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Parent Trap?
    Always one of my favorites!

You could do any number of Disney- Princess Diaries, Freaky Friday, High School Musical

Jumanji is fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

The Greatest Showman!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD9 still loves the Disney Channel original movies: Descendants, Teen Beach, the new Parent Trap thAt just came on yesterday, High School Musical. Not Disney Channel, I'd throw in the Princess Diaries movies, Ella Enchanted, Princess Bride, the original Incredibles.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another vote for The Parent Trap! For the party, I recommend the new one (Lindsay Lohan), not the original one. The original is good too though.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Jumanji is fabulous.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Do you have a feel for what the other kids like? I feel like Jumanji and Princess Bride could be scary and not fun to watch for some kids? I like the Parent Trap and Princess Diaries suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Movie for 10 year old girls?

I saw Princess Bride when I was 9 or 10 and it was fine, and my Dds saw it at ages 9 and 5 and had no issues with it. I didn’t particularly like the movie when I was a kid though (I wasn’t into fantasy) and it wasn’t until a few years ago when my kids saw it that I realized I really appreciated the movie more as an adult.

Dd1 is 12 also loves Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Harry Potter, Parent Trap (agree the Lindsay Lohan one might be a better fit), Goonies, Ghostbusters (the original.....but her friends have seen the new one), The Mighty Ducks series, and Miracle. All are appropriate imho. We started watching The Princess Diaries recently but we haven’t finished it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

What about The Martian? There's one scene with a little blood that's not super scary and there's a sprinkling of curse words. Wonder Woman? My girls absolutely love the Guardians of the Galaxy and will watch and re-watch those...sprinkling of mild curse words, superhero violence. The first Antman is great too, in that same vein, and has a sweet daddy-daughter story. Beauty and the Beast or Cinderella (live action). Hidden Figures. Wonder Woman.

Dolphin Tale 2 is just as good as the first one if she hasn't seen it yet.

Oh and my kids also LOVED Music & Lyrics. There are a couple of scenes suggestive of sex but nothing shown other than a bare torso, and in a humorous way, and they're very brief.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 08-12-2018 at 08:45 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast