Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Inside Out was another one that Dd1 and her friends liked at 10.

Back to the Future is a good one too.

National Treasure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Maleficent
    A League of Their Own
    Greatest Showman
    Mom to Mr. Sunshine 9/08
    and Miss Happiness 3/11

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Bumping this to say thanks for the Greatest Showman rec.! I think I enjoyed it more than anyone else but the whole family watched it (even the teen that usually shuns family movie night- he was walking out the door and turned around when they started singing). Is the soundtrack free somewhere to stream or did folks buy it?

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    ... Is the soundtrack free somewhere to stream or did folks buy it?
    I think it's on Spotify.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Just saw Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle last night. I can’t believe people were suggesting it for 10 year olds. I would NOT want my 10-year-old DD to watch it with someone else. The language alone would stop me from showing it to her peers. We did enjoy it, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for a 10-year-old get-together.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    Just saw Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle last night. I can’t believe people were suggesting it for 10 year olds. I would NOT want my 10-year-old DD to watch it with someone else. The language alone would stop me from showing it to her peers. We did enjoy it, but I don’t think it’s appropriate for a 10-year-old get-together.
    I took my 10yo and his friends to see it. Language really doesn’t upset me though nor his friends/ their families. We just think it’s a good, funny action movie.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    I haven’t seen the new Jumanji but confess that a few of the recommended movies here would concern me greatly for a 10yo. Specifically I’ve held off on watching The Martian for language (I do want to see it but it would give me pause for my teen) and I find Guardians of the Galaxy to be extremely violent and upsetting (I like it but I’m conflicted about it). I think this must be an age where there is a huge disparity between what one parent thinks is appropriate and what another considers acceptable. So maybe just check with the parents of the kids attending? I’m not even the most conservative among my friends so some of those movies would be an issue in my circle.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I took my 10yo and his friends to see it. Language really doesn’t upset me though nor his friends/ their families. We just think it’s a good, funny action movie.

(Glad I'm not the only one. I took DD1's friend to see it in the theater when they were both 9. I had already promised my kids they could go, when there was an emergency situation with the friend's mother, so I needed to bring her with me. Never occurred to me to get approval from the mom.)
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have seen and enjoyed the new release version of Jumanji with our kids, but I wouldn't show it at the party bc I know others may not be ok with it. Same with a few other of the recs - I put them on our list for movie night (or have already watched/enjoyed them together) but I worry that some parents might be worried about some aspect of them.

I think we are going to go with either Wonder or Alex and Me (soccer movie with Alex Morgan) depending on amount of time we have left (alex and me is significantly shorter).

Thanks for all the input and recs!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3