jbbhb is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Quick help please- Netflix’s Series of Unfortunate Events (possible spoilers)

Hi,

Has anyone watched the first season and can let me know if there any more scenes that show the dead body of the characters that die? My DS likes the story and knows characters die but he didn’t like seeing Monty’s dead body. He’d be fine just turning away during those scenes. Thanks!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Quick help please- Netflix’s Series of Unfortunate Events (possible spoilers)

I don’t think I have seen a full episode of the show as I am usually doing something else when DD1 is watching it.

DD1 loves the show, but DD2 who is 8 is still a little freaked out by the show....it does seem a little dark for an 8 year old....and my DD2 has seen a bunch of stuff I bet a lot of 8 year olds on this board haven’t seen (Guardians of the Galaxy 2, Flash Netflix series, the entire Star Wars series, all of How to Train Your Dragons (including Netflix series), Back to the Future, Ghostbusters (original), The Princess Bride, Iron Man, and Thor....what I remember off the top of my head) and surprising she sometimes gets the reason the movies are sort of dark; even the stuff some her age might find scary or gory. It did take her 2 or 3 times watching Wonder Woman to watch the entire movie in a sitting (she used to just watch the Chris Pine scenes and laugh because he was naked), but she still has always said Lemony Snicket isn’t appropriate for her when DD1 has it on and she leaves the room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-14-2018 at 01:19 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

We love watching the show together as a family. DS is 9, and DD is 6. I can’t specifically remember the answer to your question, but there will definitely be more scenes that could be disturbing going forward. I don’t know that bodies are shown, but their presence is certainly suggested, and lots of characters die in pretty gruesome circumstances. If your DS is squeamish, this may not be a good show for him. There will be much death going forward!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains