♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default I just want flowers delivered today! is that too much to ask??

---updated/resolved in post#6 - thank u!!!------
    -----

I go online to 1800flowers.com to get some flowers delivered, to my mom in CA. She is turning 70 so i want to get her something nice. Her birthday is on Sunday so i figured nothing gets delivered that day but there are many otpions for SAME DAY DELIVERY today on Saturday.

I click on those and put in her zipcode info and it keeps showing me that the earliest delivery date is MONDAY. WTH??? It is like 6:00AM in her time zone so it's not that.

I don't get it. WHY OFFER same-day delivery and tout it on THE FRONT PAGE OF your webpage if you don't actually deliver the same day??? SO frustratining. i spent 15 minutes on the site trying to select different options for flowers (thinking maybe the one i selected was just not available that early) and when i tried to select the deivery date ALL of them showed the earliest date on Monday. Grr!. This is under "Same day delivery" section!!!

i'm not familiar at all with getting flowers delivered - is it really always this painful?
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-25-2018 at 12:58 PM.

Philly Mom is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Do you know any local florists? I find they are so much easier to work with. 1800 flowers is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    Do you know any local florists? I find they are so much easier to work with. 1800 flowers is awful.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I totally agree with this. I've found that local florists usually give great service and you get better bouquets for the money when you call direct. I usually do a quick web search for florists with good ratings near the recipient, call directly and charge by phone. Local grocery stores with floral departments can sometimes work too. They usually want to know my price range, favorite flowers or colors or style (cheerful, autumn, formal, etc) and then go from there. I usually ask them to include whatever they have that's especially fresh and abundant and they seem to appreciate not having to comply with an online order where it's supposed to match a standard picture.

I deal with local florists in the area I want flowers delivered. Always had the same day or next day delivery as my earliest options.

The one site I had success in the past is Interflora when I couldn’t find local options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree that calling a local florist is the way to. They should be able to deliver it today if you call them as soon as they open this morning.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks all!!! That is great idea to call a local florist - didn't think of that (silly me).

I just googled and found one online in my hometown that got good reviews, found their website, saw something online that I liked and called them up. The guy was so nice on the phone and took my order and said it would be delivered today. Better prices too IMO!

in the day of so much online ordering (i get everything from Amazon!!!) i forget that sometimes it's easier/nicer to use a mom-n-pop place.

thanks all !!!

PZMommy is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Glad it worked out!!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Thanks all!!! That is great idea to call a local florist - didn't think of that (silly me).

I just googled and found one online in my hometown that got good reviews, found their website, saw something online that I liked and called them up. The guy was so nice on the phone and took my order and said it would be delivered today. Better prices too IMO!

in the day of so much online ordering (i get everything from Amazon!!!) i forget that sometimes it's easier/nicer to use a mom-n-pop place.

thanks all !!!
    Just an FYI that Amazon has great flowers (although i too prefer local for these!). I've ordered a few times for my mother in law and she was always happy! 2nd Day shipping and free w/ prime.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by LD92599 View Post
    Just an FYI that Amazon has great flowers (although i too prefer local for these!). I've ordered a few times for my mother in law and she was always happy! 2nd Day shipping and free w/ prime.
    ITA! Used them this spring on a whim- I wasn’t even sure they sold flowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk