Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    petesgirl is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default I have committed the ultimate crime!

For the record, I am 100% not angry about this. It made me chuckle. This just seems like the right place to put eye-rolling things.

So I just got back from Costco. Their cinnamon toast crunch is on sale and my DH eats 2 bowls every day so we stock up. I know it's not the best thing in the world and yes, my 7 yr old eats it too (but I try to make hot breakfast for him a few times a week). I've tried for DH too but no matter what else there is for breakfast he will also have a bowl of cereal. So we buy it. We aren't the healthiest eaters, but we aren't the worst either...veggies + fruits at every meal (and my kids like them!), no fruit snacks or juice, etc.

So as I was loading some boxes into my cart an older lady (70s ish) came up and starting gushing about the cheerios just down the aisle....so delicious...she eats them every day and has so much energy....this cinnamon toast cereal is just loaded with sugar, it's appaling they even sell it. Why don't I go look at the cheerios? On and on...

Then she noticed my 1 yr old...gasp, where are his shoes?!?
    (He was in the cart the entire time). He was chewing on a whole-grain teething biscuit type thing and I heard her mutter as she walked away "and he's eating a cookie at that young age!"

Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

LOL. I love Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Lately our vice is Special K with strawberries.

And both of my (big) kids hate wearing shoes.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

We’ve had similar experiences at Costco when our kids were babies/toddlers. It really is something.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

That's funny! Isn't Cheerios one of the cereals that recently test positive for high levels of Round Up? At this point, cinnamon toast crunch is probably the safer choice, lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Baby Bargains mobile app
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

Ha, love it. I love Costco, but yes, I've had the opinions fly there also.

I was biting grapes in half to feed my shoeless baby in the cart while shopping and a woman was appalled saying I she still peeled them for her 3 year old.

Another time when buying the "name" brand TP I had someone go into a full on sales pitch for the Kirkland brand.

Dream is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    That's funny! Isn't Cheerios one of the cereals that recently test positive for high levels of Round Up? At this point, cinnamon toast crunch is probably the safer choice, lol

Really? Is that Honey nut cheerios? That's all my DD2 eats for breakfast
    DD1 September 2008
    DD2 March 2011

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Dream View Post
    Really? Is that Honey nut cheerios? That's all my DD2 eats for breakfast
    Just regular Cheerios was named.
    https://www.ewg.org/childrenshealth/.../#.W4RRoKApB-E

DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Deleted.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Once I was pushing my kids, who couldn't walk, in their stroller in D.C. when it was 80 degrees and sunny and got asked where their shoes were? "The babies need shoes." Yeah, okay.

You should have said "baby, have you seen mommy's cigarettes?" loud enough for her to hear.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Sounds like my 93 year old grandma! She has no filter. I just say "yes grandma I'm a terrible mother" and continue what I'm doing. Things she's scolded me about-- me allowing DS1 to eat pickles when he was young (because of their high salt content), feeding one of my kids enchiladas at her house when they were sick (no spicy food allowed when sick I guess), DS1 not wearing a coat from the long journey from her front door to our car parked in the driveway (she lives in Southern CA), and putting too much food on my kids' plates!

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast