Default Makeup artists choice (MUAC) Labor Day sale - 33% off

I often tout this place when anyone asks for skincare suggestions, from acne to wrinkles and anti-aging. I am a huge fan and really love their potent yet well-priced products for all sorts of skin issues. I credit MUAC along with a GF diet for completely transforming my skin. If anyone is interested in trying them out, the code for the sale is laborday18 (lower case) and ends 11:59PM ET Monday night 9/3. Discount should also be good on sample sizes, making for a great deal. I find the samples to be enough for several weeks use in many cases.
    Happy to answer any questions and hope more people will try them out.
    https://www.makeupartistschoice.com/

They have a TON of products and can get overwhelming to look through! THey are responsive to requests for help, though you'd need to call or email soon with the long weekend. Some of my faves (not used together - I tend to rotate)

Glycolic peel
    Lactic Peel
    Fade peel
    Glyluronic serum
    Lac-luronic serum (my current fave)
    Mandellic serum (to spot treat any pimples)
    Mandellic toner (I use this regularly, alternating with witch hazel)
    Peptide serum
    Niacinamide serum (DD and DS use this for acne )

Thanks for this post. DC are both getting into the acne stage and I was wondering how to help them. This is perfect timing and very helpful!

Quote Originally Posted by jawilli4 View Post
    Thanks for this post. DC are both getting into the acne stage and I was wondering how to help them. This is perfect timing and very helpful!
    Happy to help! I will say, their actives are powerful so start slow and work up. Mandelic and niacinamide are really good for acne and clogged pores, IMO, but everyone's skin reacts differently.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Tell me more about the lac luronic serum! I have dry skin no acne but am turning 40in a few weeks so looking for some brightening type products.

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Tell me more about the lac luronic serum! I have dry skin no acne but am turning 40in a few weeks so looking for some brightening type products.
    I love it! It’s not moisturizing enough on its own to be your only moisture product but it has a high percentage of hyluronic acid in n addition to the lactic so it isn’t drying like so many acids are. I think the HA also helps make it a little more gentle? I find it keeps my skin clear and brightens discolorations. I’m often told I don’t look my age- I’m 44. I tried the PC BHA products and didn’t find that I got any result from them so switched back to muac. FWIW I don’t use a cotton ball. I pump onto my fingers and apply directly. Wastes less.

Thanks! I realized I actually had it bookmarked from a blog post about lactic acid products where it was highly recommended.

Thanks! I realized I actually had it bookmarked from a blog post about lactic acid products where it was highly recommended.
    The sample size is a little bottle about the diameter of a chapstick tupe but not quite as tall. Using it on my fingers (finger over opening, tip over briefly, rub fingertips together and apply) I can get at least 2 weeks use from it so it's a generous sample if you're wanting to try before committing. They do similar sales about every 6-8 weeks, maybe?

I just ordered 8 samples - I can’t wait to get them!

Question- why do you use so many different peels?

I just ordered 8 samples - I can’t wait to get them!

Question- why do you use so many different peels?
    What did you get?

I rotate them. No particular reason other than I tried samples and couldn't decide which I liked better. I don't keep them all on hand, they're just ones I've liked. I've tried a couple others and didn't repurchase. Tried the lowest TCA for a scar on my body. It worked well but was way too harsh for me to use on my face. I'd try again if I had a body scar that I wanted to work on. The radiance peel I didn't feel gave me any great result for the cost compared to the others. Lactic is a little milder, so I tend to use in the winter when my skin is drier. Glycolic works well on the texture around my eyes but it can be harsh. The fade peel is a gentler one that I tend to keep on hand for regular use, plus it's so affordable, then when I feel like I need an extra boost (a few times a year) I'll do either lactic or glycolic.

So you do peels for general resurfacing/brightening/exfoliating?

I went a little crazy and got sample sizes of

eye repair cream
    peptide serum
    phytocell serum
    transforming anti aging serum
    nano-hyaluronic watermelon serum
    dragon's blood serum
    super c serum
    lac-luronic
    and the cucumber toner, mostly because reviews said it smells good and it was only $1