Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'd be significantly less irritated if she was GIVEN a cinnamon roll but she was SOLD a cinnamon roll and she's 4. She's too young to be given that much responsibility in my opinion.
    Agree that 4 is very young to be sold a cinnamon roll but I guess since a public school with paid food options, I’d just let them know. I’m surprised they offer food for sale to pre-k. I wouldn’t be as upset as others about the health implications of a cinnamon roll though as the focus was on that in earlier posts. Hope they resolve it for you going forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

If this was once in while, sure that's fine... However, if this is an option EVERY DAY, that is another story entirely!!! If your child will follow directions about "every Friday you can buy something, I will remind you on Friday", that's what I would do. However, most kids cannot follow those instructions and should not be expected to at age 4 when the result is getting a CINNAMON ROLL. Let the school know. You won't be the only parent...

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I'd be significantly less irritated if she was GIVEN a cinnamon roll but she was SOLD a cinnamon roll and she's 4. She's too young to be given that much responsibility in my opinion.
    I agree with you. In PK I had to sign something if DS was allowed to buy breakfast on his way into school. Because it was a short school day for them they didn't go to the cafeteria again for snack or lunch. I'm sure there was a plan in place for kids who seemed to be sent to school hungry or didn't pack their snack but that would be for the teacher to decide, not the preschooler. My DD bought a chocolate milk her first day of K and I was irked enough that I still remember it. She was a rule follower though so it was easy to knock off--I simply told her she couldn't buy chocolate milk and there was a drink in her packed lunch.

Does your school use myschoolbucks or another online service? Ours does and I send a check to avoid the online convienece fee but I can still monitor her account activity. The magic of knowing what she is spending money on has reinforced following the rules of what she can buy. I've never needed to limit it on her account with the cafeteria.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3