Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Either donate it, curb it, or sell it for $20. I swear that buyers are much easier when I charge just enough for them to feel like they're buying it, but keep it low enough so they feel like they're getting the deal of a century. If it's free, it's bound to be a nightmare for me.
    Yes! There is some significant portion of people replying to free ads that are bat-s*!%@ crazy! Unfortunately you can only donate pristine furniture around here, and NO kid stuff. (Strollers and sears and stuff for safety). There is a glut of used furniture. And sadly my semi-rural dead end road is not conducive to drive by pick ups.

The good news, some nice 20 something wanted a real bed with storage and came by with his friend and a truck and was very greatf to take the captains bed and mattress for $40, which I would have taken less for. I actually have good luck selling to the 20 something age set. They are so much more polite than the older people looking for stuff. Which makes me cranky when people complain about millenials.

Glad you got it off your hands. I just unloaded a bunkbed this weekend. Several cranky people online to begin with, but the couple that came through were awesome. Probably late-20s two little kids excited to have it, came ready to load pieces, knew what they were doing. DH and I both felt like it went to a great home where the bargain price I listed it at was what they needed.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Either donate it, curb it, or sell it for $20. I swear that buyers are much easier when I charge just enough for them to feel like they're buying it, but keep it low enough so they feel like they're getting the deal of a century. If it's free, it's bound to be a nightmare for me.
    That is crazy but I think you are right! I will remember this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2