Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Update #23: When did your DD need a true cup sized bra, and where did you get it?

Dd1 is 12 and I haven’t had her measured yet, but I have a feeling she is somewhere between a AA, and an A (I am a D and most people wouldn’t think I am that big....for years I thought I was small B cup!). We bought her this basic bras at Justice last fall and she says they are getting a little tight in the cup because she now has actual breasts, not just buds. She wears the 32 (but I have a feeling she is probably closer to a 28) as I think the Justice ones run small.

I would like to have her sized but I doubt she would feel comfortable at Victoria’s Secret and I don’t really want to be spending $50+ at Nordstrom or Third Love, etc., plus she doesn’t need a wire or anything. I could try sizing her the way I did from the post that someone posted here from Reddit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-26-2018 at 06:51 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I took my DD to Nordstrom. I did spend more than I wanted, but we just purchased one bra. I purchased additional ones at Nordstrom’s Rack after we knew her size.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

she needed one at 12. I took her to a hanes outlet and we spent far too much $$. but she's also a weird size. apparently 30 w/a cup size is hard to find!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Google to see if you have a lingerie boutique nearby. I have a small one near me and the service is wonderful.

Also, I spent years thinking I was a 36B. Finally got sized and it turns out i am a 32D.

Nordstrom is really good at measuring. And you don't have to buy it there. For the longest time I was wearing the wrong size. They told me I was a D and I said I didn't look like any of the actresses on tv with Ds. She said that it's a misconception and those ladies were more like Gs. I wasn't really going to spend $70 per bra, but then they are comfortable and I wear them everyday. So, I guess if you average out the daily cost, it's not that bad.

newnana is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We've had luck at the maidenform outlet. Not nearly as intimidating as VS and well educated staff. Good luck!

went to Nordstrom, but 3 expensive bras. She really likes them and they work for her. She is 13. She is an A cup. I forget the band size.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

DD is 12.5 and is a 32B. We just tried on a million at target. I didn’t want to spend much because I knew I’d have to buy another size in a year.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ellies mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD1 was 14 but I really should have taken her earlier because she measured at a 30DD. I did a quick and dirty measurement at the house so I knew I had to take her to a specialty store. Let’s just say that her bras aren’t cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Veronica

Miss Ellie 11/03
    Baby Audrey 4/08

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I took my DD to a fancy boutique this past summer because 1. I knew the 32B bra that she was wearing wasn't correct, and 2. I knew that she wouldn't be keen on me measuring her properly but would probably let someone else do did. I'm glad we did, because she measured out at a 28DD.

I bought her two bras at the boutique, which was spendy, but I can order the same brands (Freya, Natori) and size from Amazon for <$30, just usually in last season's colorways. Sports bras, too.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast