elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Best Classroom Party Ideas?

I have a meeting coming up to discuss classroom party ideas. Please give me your best ideas/greatest hits for classroom parties! These can be ideas for fall, winter, holiday, Valentines day parties--basically anything that is fun for elementary class parties.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

As a time killer, I always used to fill a guessing jar up with seasonal candies or decorations. Go around the room and get guesses or have them write them down. Always easy and fun. Winner usually got the jar of stuff but could sub out something else.
    Story, craft, game

Some favorites
    1. Fall- I gave teams bags of pumpkin guts from the pumpkins I carved at home and they had to get the most seeds from their guts. Team with most wins. Obviously incredibly messy!
    2. Make bird feeders to hang outside. Pine cones, shortening, seeds and ribbon. Other options out there too like bird houses with old milk cartons (easy to get from cafeteria).
    3. Build a snowman relay. 2 garbage bags, newspaper, tape, scarves, markers- group one stuffs the head. When done, group 2 stuffs the body. When done, group 3 tapes them together. Group 4 decorates. Or something like that.
    4. Scavenger hunt (outside, if possible)
    5. Find your match- Valentine's. Stick the name of 1/2 a famous pair on someone's back (peanut butter- jelly, movie and book characters...). They have to find out who they are then they have to find their match. Good for readers so grade 3+.

Pinterest is your friend. That's where I got my ideas.