Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mackmama is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Sleeping in a daybed regularly

Are there any downsides to using a daybed as an every night bed (for one person)? I usually see daybeds in occasional-use guest rooms. Any downsides to using one every night? I was thinking they might be hard to make, but then again DC's bed is already pushed up against the wall.

My sisters each had one growing up. I would say the only downfalls were liking bedding and it being unavailable in daybed size. Particularly an issue with my middle sister who redecorated her room all the time and hers was made up like a couch, not like a twin. And if you have one with back and sides, it is harder to make the bed (even harder than a bed pushed against the wall because of the sides). And biggest issue is it looks overall larger in a room than a twin would so if your room is small, it can eat up a room.

But they really loved them.

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS2 sleeps in a daybed (Ikea hemnes), it is regular twin sheets. It is a little tough to make, but he really just sleeps under a small blanket right now, so I don't have to worry about that for a few years. Totally worth it to have a bed that converts to a king when we have guests.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don’t get the hard thing? DD sleeps in one. It’s no harder than DS1s twin bed pushed in the corner or DS3s lower bunk and it’s easier than DS2s upper bunk bed. Unless maybe you’re thinking of a bed that doesn’t have a regular mattress?

It’s the same difficulty to make the bed as any bed pushed into a corner. DD’s daybed is a twin size and has a trundle, so it’s no different from any twin bed except for having a back along one long side. (And there’s a gap so sheets can slip through on that side.)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I had one growing up, and DS2 has the ikea hemnes, like PP. No issues here. I pull the mattress up/out to make it with clean sheets, takes 2 minutes. DS2 can just pull the covers up smooth to make the bed daily. No biggie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

I grew up sleeping in a day bed. One of those with white iron. It didn’t ever bother me, and in high school it was kind of fun because I used to tie up my boyfriend . Naughty naughty.

My daughter sleeps in that bed when we visit my mom, and she hates sleeping there because she feels like she’s in a cage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

It shouldn't be a problem

mommy111 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I sleep on one every day. It was DS's but he's migrated to messing up my room and so I end up sleeping on his daybed We are very crunched for space in our less than 1000 sq ft home
    '...everything can be taken from a man but one thing, the Last of the Human Freedoms, the ability to choose one's behavior in any set of circumstances, the Freedom to Choose One's Own Way.' -Viktor Frankle

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Chart

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I grew up sleeping in a day bed. One of those with white iron. It didn’t ever bother me, and in high school it was kind of fun because I used to tie up my boyfriend . Naughty naughty.

My daughter sleeps in that bed when we visit my mom, and she hates sleeping there because she feels like she’s in a cage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I don't think I'll ever look at a daybed the same again!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast