Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    Yes! For the seasonal challenge you get a list (plus links to suggested items at various price points) and then a whole bunch of outfits (I think this year it's 25) mixing up the pieces. Plus you get to join the Facebook group which is super fun for folks to share outfits, more re-mix ideas, links, suggestions, etc. It's great because you can ask questions and opinions about pieces, accessories, colors, etc. There isn't a facebook group for closet staples though. I like how she does build upon previous challenges so there is a lot of overlap (you don't have to buy all new stuff).

Like pp mentioned, I also love the Putting Me Together Blog but haven't done her challenges. Love her style!
    Thanks... I poked around on the blog and saw how she showcased others wearing a certain look. Some I can wear to work by swapping out pants or shoes. I’m pretty casual as I spend lots of time on the floor or chasing after little kids. I try to be a little dressier for meetings. I can see it saving money by not buying things I don’t wear much.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Do you pay for each capsule or is the $39 for the entire year, including multiple seasons?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

heatherlynn is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I am very casual when I'm not at work, so mine may not match up well with others, but I'll take a stab at it.

For work: 2-3 pair machine washable neutral dress pants, several cardigans or casual jackets + tanks to wear underneath, a few sweaters, 1-2 suits

For things I have to dress up for: approximately knee length black skirt, 1 funeral appropriate dress that can also be worn to other things, 1 cocktail dress, 1 more casual dress

For evenings/weekends: 3 pair jeans, 1-2 capris, 2-3 shorts, long and short sleeved t-shirts, 2-3 hoodies

Other: minimum 4 good fitting bras, 1-2 sports bras, a couple of sets of workout clothes, summer and winter pajama pants, 10+ underwear & socks

I aim for doing laundry every weekend, but that doesn't always happen, so I like to have enough of everything to make it 1.5-2 weeks without washing.
    This is almost exactly my wardrobe!
    H-
    DD 1998
    DS 2004
    DD 2005

I'm so glad for this thread! I came here looking for inspiration just like this tonight, and found all these great ideas.

What other bloggers do y'all like? I'd like to start following some so I can get a feel for where/how to update my look. I'm very short and petite, and it'd be nice to find some who are close to my size. I need serious help and handholding in the clothing (and hair and makeup) department, because it just does not come naturally to me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Do you pay for each capsule or is the $39 for the entire year, including multiple seasons?

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk
    I was poking around on her site and found out it's $39 per season.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    I was poking around on her site and found out it's $39 per season.
    Yes. She does do a deal for the entire year that I believe is available around the holidays. I'm not sure I will join for winter because with my southern temps the Fall Capsule might be all I will wear all cold season but then I would miss the fun of the Facebook group so I'm not sure. I might think about getting the annual subscription depending on the price.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSuedeShoes View Post
    I'm so glad for this thread! I came here looking for inspiration just like this tonight, and found all these great ideas.

What other bloggers do y'all like? I'd like to start following some so I can get a feel for where/how to update my look. I'm very short and petite, and it'd be nice to find some who are close to my size. I need serious help and handholding in the clothing (and hair and makeup) department, because it just does not come naturally to me at all.
    I need handholding too. I’ve never been good at clothes, hair or makeup. I think I’m going to get the closet basics capsule as I need to get/replace several things. I’ll keep posting here for help too.

Default Must have clothes

There’s a $10 coupon code for Getting your Pretty On, so I got the closet basics wardrobe style challenge. Some things I have, but there’s several items I’m missing. I’ll start to fill in the holes. I’m hoping to keep losing weight, so I’ll be careful with what I get.

It’s a casual capsule so all the pants are jeans, but I can sub in a different pant that’s the same color for work. It doesn’t have dressy occasions, so I’ll need the lists you posted to cover other functions. Between the 2, I can start to pull my closet together.

Thanks for updating, niccig! Any chance you can post/ share the coupon code? I'm interested in trying it, but would love to keep the cost down on a pt teacher's salary.

Quote Originally Posted by ourbabygirl View Post
    Thanks for updating, niccig! Any chance you can post/ share the coupon code? I'm interested in trying it, but would love to keep the cost down on a pt teacher's salary.
    CS10

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast