Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

FYI Kohls has some cute dresses that might be nice to just add to your closet. They could all get you through a variety of occasions with the right accessories.
    https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-33...0Black&prdPV=5

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-31...%20Red&prdPV=9

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-27....jsp?prdPV=176

https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-34...quet&prdPV=210

eta- Loft has 40% off and some very cute stuff. Get this dress. It's a great looking staple! https://www.loft.com/wrap-back-dress...tid=catl000013
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 09-24-2018 at 04:11 PM.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I really like Get Your Pretty On Style Challenges, but the Fall Challenge just closed. I should have posted here, but I didn't think about it! She has some fun free resources on the blog (plus instagram) and I have heard that her closet staples guide is great too and I believe it's open all year. Here's a link for the closet staples guide: https://getyourprettyon.com/product/closet-staples-capsule-wardrobe/
    The pieces I personally have purchased this season are burgandy and camel jogger pants, casual soft hoodie style jean jacket, burgandy flutter sleeve top, floral cross over tank, puffy vest, olive utility jacket, black and white plaid shirt, teal blouse, black flats. Still thinking about a handful of other items but I'm almost happy with it!

Last edited by alandenisefields; 10-01-2018 at 12:19 PM.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I really like Get Your Pretty On Style Challenges, but the Fall Challenge just closed. I should have posted here, but I didn't think about it! She has some fun free resources on the blog (plus instagram) and I have heard that her closet staples guide is great too and I believe it's open all year. Here's my referral link for the closet staples guide: https://vm235.isrefer.com/go/STAPLES/leahprescott
    The pieces I personally have purchased this season are burgandy and camel jogger pants, casual soft hoodie style jean jacket, burgandy flutter sleeve top, floral cross over tank, puffy vest, olive utility jacket, black and white plaid shirt, teal blouse, black flats. Still thinking about a handful of other items but I'm almost happy with it!

Do you have links for those clothes?

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would definitely consider finding a capsule wardrobe from a blogger you like and build from there. They’ll list pieces and then outfits that can be made from those pieces. Like PP suggested, I also like Get Your Pretty On.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks, Snugglebuggles, for the shirt links! I need to get some of those for work and church!
    I also like GYPO and her jewelry line, Audrey and Alison (or Alison and Audrey)?
    Another good one is Putting me together. She has great stuff, and a lot of awesome free info. on her blog. She does really reasonable capsule wardrobes- $15 a season, I think?
    I also look at Sheaffer told me to, but she mostly just lists cute clothes, shoes, bags, jewelry that she gets. Outfit combos, but not really capsule wardrobe lists.
    I'll be watching this thread... I need to up my wardrobe game from SAHM to teacher clothes... realizing that all of my colored jeans are cute but not quite as dressy as everyone else on staff wears. . Since it's my first year there, I need to look more professional. I've bought a bunch of cardigans, as my classroom temperature varies a ton.

Some basics/ classics that I like:
    *denim long-sleeved button-down shirt (roll up the sleeves to 3/4 length)
    *cream or white and navy or black striped shirt
    *olive green utility vest and/or jacket for fall and spring
    *blush colored shirt
    *black pants; white, olive, grey, Burgundy, blush, dark blue jeans
    *jean jacket (light wash, dark wash, possibly medium wash, possibly white if they're distressed and young enough looking)- Kut from the Kloth is a good brand, I think
    *Black sleeveless dress
    *Denim shirt dress
    *Something in leopard print (I have an infinity scarf from ON from a few years ago)
    *putty colored booties
    *black cardigan... I bought a few from A New Day at Target this summer/ fall that are good (they have a cute mustard color one and a rust-color one that are great for fall if they work with your hair and skin color)
    *black joggers from Athleta
    *black vest- can do twill fabric- check Amazon, I got an olive green one there with a hood and drawstrings at waist, or quilted (I got mine last fall from ON and wear it a ton- love the gold zipper), or puffy (like North Face or Patagonia- check Nordstrom Rack or 6pm.com). I also have a quilted olive green, and quilted navy blue, vest from ON last fall. Lots of ways to mix and match them with denim or flannel shirts, etc.

Some of my favorite stores: Loft (you can get an additional 15% off for being a teacher), Old Navy, Target (I like the A New Day and the other line that reminds me of Madewell, can't remember the name), Madewell, JCrew Factory, Nordstrom, Gap...

That's all I can think of right now!
    Last edited by ourbabygirl; 09-24-2018 at 09:56 PM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For me my top 3 essentials are:

Knit (or stretchy) blazer or structured cardigan. You may want machine washable for school. Budget: I have a few (Caslon brand) as well as my MM.LaFleur jardigan (splurge)
    Skinny stretch pants - stretch ponte is a good fabric. Budget: Mine are from Athleta and are great. And then I have a couple of skinny pants from MM.LaFleur (splurge)
    Wrap or shirtdress, whatever you feel most comfy in. I have a JCrew knit shirtdress (budget) and an MM.LaFleur shirtdress (splurge).

And if we're talking shoes, I LOVE MY ROTHY'S.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

You’re all great!!! I need a personal shopper for sure as I’m hopeless at buying clothes. I’ll start separate posts as I look for certain items.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Do you have links for those clothes?
    Most of them I bought used, but I will link what I can:
    Burgundy and camel joggers are old navy. I bought mine on Ebay but they look very similar to the current style here. I kind of want the olive ones too!
    Jean jacket is this one, I found it at the thrift store for $1 and I love it, so comfy!
    Flutter sleeve top from Target It's more burgundy than red IRL.
    Floral Cross Over Tank....really love this and it was on sale for $12.98.
    Vest from Costco, my store had them on clearance for $10
    Olive Utility Jacket was last year's H&M I bought it from ebay, can't find a link
    Black & White plaid shirt used from Clothes Mentor but it's just a basic plaid button up from ON
    Teal Blouse, from Clothes Mentor but from the Rack I think.
    Black flats are super simple Dr. Scholl's.

Am seriously considering these because my feet are soooo picky.

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Melaine View Post
    I really like Get Your Pretty On Style Challenges, but the Fall Challenge just closed. I should have posted here, but I didn't think about it! She has some fun free resources on the blog (plus instagram) and I have heard that her closet staples guide is great too and I believe it's open all year. Here's my referral link for the closet staples guide: https://vm235.isrefer.com/go/STAPLES/leahprescott

Can you explain more? You subscribe and get list of clothes and different ways to wear them?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Yes! For the seasonal challenge you get a list (plus links to suggested items at various price points) and then a whole bunch of outfits (I think this year it's 25) mixing up the pieces. Plus you get to join the Facebook group which is super fun for folks to share outfits, more re-mix ideas, links, suggestions, etc. It's great because you can ask questions and opinions about pieces, accessories, colors, etc. There isn't a facebook group for closet staples though. I like how she does build upon previous challenges so there is a lot of overlap (you don't have to buy all new stuff).

Like pp mentioned, I also love the Putting Me Together Blog but haven't done her challenges. Love her style!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast