Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jean style

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Jean style

My jeans are too big so I went and tried on jeans at Nordstrom rack. I need some to wear now, but don’t want to spend too much as still losing weight.

Most jeans there were skinny jeans. I carry all my weight in my thighs, have muscular calves and a small waist. While the size 26 fitted, I didn’t like how stretched they were over my thighs, emphasizing the out of proportion shape to my legs - lots of stretch in the jeans. Size 27 is too big on my waist and I get plumbers crack.

Wondering if I should stay away from skinny style until I’ve lost more weight, and look for straight or bootcut style? Or maybe the skinnies will stretch out a bit?

I am going to order a Kut from the Kluth boyfriend style online. Size 4 fits but reviews say they stretch out, so I’ll order the 2 online and compare to the 4s.

Any Jean advice?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm 4'11" and about a size 2, I wear a skinny boot cut style from American eagle, so it's a boot cut but not that wide. I don't have big hips or large calves but just find bootcut look better. I see most people wearing skinny jeans, but I don't think they flatter a lot of people to be honest. I know the age trendy and have been but I just don't love them. Straight leg are also an option. I love how American eagle fit, no worries of looking like mom jeans at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I wouldn’t go with skinnies. They don’t sound like they’re ideal for your body type (they probably are and look better than you think but I know we all have our hang ups even if the rest of us don’t agree ...a size 2-4 person just can’t have that huge of thighs ). Boyfriends can be ok but they always look kind of sloppy on my but I’m short. I’d just go with the ones you feel best in- straight, boot, boyfriend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Default Jean style

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I wouldn’t go with skinnies. They don’t sound like they’re ideal for your body type (they probably are and look better than you think but I know we all have our hang ups even if the rest of us don’t agree ...a size 2-4 person just can’t have that huge of thighs ). Boyfriends can be ok but they always look kind of sloppy on my but I’m short. I’d just go with the ones you feel best in- straight, boot, boyfriend.

I’m more a 6-8 right now. I have a small waist, which is why size 26 fitted best in waist but there’s enough stretch in the jeans to get over my hips/thighs. I think some may have been more like jeggings - super comfortable, but only ok with a tunic.

I’m out of proportion- at my heaviest, I looked like I was wearing jodhpurs, but it was all me. I am slimming down in thighs as I work out, so hoping to get more proportional and make Jean shopping easier.

How do you tuck into boots when it’s straight or bootcut? Just fold them around your leg?

I saw same styles have a relaxed skinny Eg kut from the Kluth, so I may look for those too.

Boot cut- under the jeans and only booties.
    Straight- cuffed w booties or avoid boots/ booties all together and wear flats, sneakers, slip ons, loafers...

Boot cut- under the jeans and only booties.
    Straight- cuffed w booties or avoid boots/ booties all together and wear flats, sneakers, slip ons, loafers...

But I love my knee high black boots

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post

Yeah, but they look funky with a bulky pant or jean. Maybe jeggings or skinnies are a good option after all.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post

Then you need skinny jeans. I love American Eagle jeans too. I do not rec kut. Wit and Wisdom or Blank nyc are other good choices.

Yeah, but they look funky with a bulky pant or jean. Maybe jeggings or skinnies are a good option after all.

I could wear with longer top to cover my butt or a cardigan when it gets cooler. I have saddle bags that stick out so something longer covers those and I look more straight through hips.

I read on a fashion blog, that straight jeans and boot cut are good style for pear shape. I’ll look for those.

Default Jean style

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Then you need skinny jeans. I love American Eagle jeans too. I do not rec kut. Wit and Wisdom or Blank nyc are other good choices.

I read about Wit and Wisdom on some fashion blogs. The Rack had Blank NYC, but I didn’t try them on. I’ll try those and American Eagle too.

It’s 88 degrees tomorrow so I’ve got time to find some jeans.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast