hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default recommend your black pants for work that are comfy

I am ISO black pants that I can wear to work. Work is pretty casual -- jeans are ok. I'd like something that looks good and that is very comfy to wear. I am tall and a size 12. I'd like something that has pockets and looks tailored. Thanks!
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Simply Vera ankle length mid rise from Kohls. My favorite black work pants. No pockets in the style have but I'm a 12 also 5'8" I have a couple pairs of Simply Vera & Jennifer Lopez pants & jeans.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I saw a lot of options at Costco when I was there this morning, and if you go with a skinny/straight style you can wear flats or heels and it would still look good if they hit at the ankle.

I have a pair of black ponte pants from Athleta that are very comfy and have pockets (though shallow).

For a pricey option, the MM.LaFleur Nakamura trouser is pretty amazing - it's traditional yet modern, has deep pockets, and is comfy.

I also recently bought a pair of J Crew drapey crepe wide leg crop pants that are a culotte style, if you can pull that off, and they're SUPER comfy, look tailored, and have wonderful deep pockets. They look good with a fitted top.

mnj77 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I refused to try them on at first but the sales lady at Nordstrom convinced me and they are the comfiest and cutest black pants. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans brand.

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

NY & Co has cute black pants that are machine washable and can go in the dryer. I teach kindergarten this year, so that is an important feature for me! lol They tend to run on the long side, but they also come in petite, average, or long.

Quote Originally Posted by mnj77 View Post
    I refused to try them on at first but the sales lady at Nordstrom convinced me and they are the comfiest and cutest black pants. Not Your Daughter’s Jeans brand.
    I hated it when the salesperson said to try them on several years ago, but now it's all I'll buy.
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

I buy black ponte pants with pockets from Costco! I've bought both Calvin Klein ones (with a front zipper and button, plus rear pockets) and DKNY pull-up elastic waistband ones (but still with rear pockets). They're inexpensive ($20?), easy to wash/wear (machine wash and dry, no ironing needed), and I've worn them for nearly 2 years maybe 2/week or so. I did develop a small hole in the knee (and I didn't fall), so they aren't the most durable. But for $20, I probably have a $0.10/wear cost. They're skinny pants, so tapered at the ankle, but I can wear them with knee high boots, flats, wedges, etc. Plus the ponte material is very comfortable. I love them!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'm 5'9" and find it difficult to find pants that are the right length on me. I LOVE my work pants from Express. I only buy them when they're on sale- usually BOGO 50% off. I've had several pairs for 6.5 years (being worn 1-2x per week) that still look brand new. And they are machine washable!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

lil_acorn is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mnj77 View Post
    can you provide a link please?