Thread: Brown booties

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Brown booties

I need a pair and want something with no more than 1.5 to 1.75” heel height so I can wear them to work, they need to be comfortable! I have Sam Edelman petty boots in taupe, but I don’t have any brown boots at all. Not sure if I should go with cognac or darker brown? Suede or leather? What will I get the most wear out of until I get other brown fall/winter shoes?

Thanks for any suggestions

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

aerosoles.

I have a pair of dark brown suede booties that I have worn several years, almost daily in the winter, and they have looked good, gotten compliments. Last year was the first year I began to think that maybe they should be replaced soon.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Cognac is probably more versatile. Check out dansko Raina. Super comfy.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd go cognac color and leather vs suede f you live in an area with snow/ice/salt because leather seems more durable. Blondo usually has some comfy, weatherproof options.

I have suede/ fake suede greige ones from Jessica Simpson (bought from Nordstrom or Amazon). I like that they have a little dip out of the middle, so you can see more leg (helps my short legs look a tad longer). Putting Me Together blog has good tips on what to look for in booties if you do a search on it.
    If I had it to do over, though, I might get cognac, as it's a big more versatile and matches handbags and belts better.