Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My daughter's dentist told me not worry unless the shark tooth was as tall as the baby tooth and the baby tooth was not loose. I have to say it looked crazy and was way behind the baby tooth - which was loose - but after she lost it naturally it moved forward.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Well, add me to the chorus. It happened to my daughter, too! Encourage him to wiggle it as much as possible to get it loose and out. It's not bad to have it come in behind the baby tooth, but once the tooth is fully erupted you want it to be able to move up to the correct position so you want the baby tooth out of the way.

For both of my DD's bottom two teeth, her adult tooth fully grew in behind her baby tooth, and her baby tooth was not the slightest bit loose, so she had both pulled (separate timing!) by the dentist. It was a super easy process -- I was shocked how simple! The dentist used a numbing gel first, then gave a little novocaine (which she didn't tell my DD in advance and DD still doesn't know she got a shot -- love our dentist!!!) and the tooth was out within 5 minutes of DD walking in the room (probably even faster!). It was such a simple process that when I saw that DD's second adult tooth was growing in the same way and I started bugging her to wiggle it so we wouldn't have to get it pulled, she just sighed and was like "mom, it's just way easier to let it be and let the dentist take it out. It's not a big deal."
    Lizi

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Yep, DD had "shark teeth" behind her front baby teeth too. Those baby teeth eventually fell out, but she had some other teeth that needed pulling later on. Super easy process as Liziz described. Not traumatized at all.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2