Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Definitely cross-country!!! Our high school cross country teams are pretty tight!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Club soccer, Odyssey of the Mind, fencing

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Our hockey kids and parents are very bonded. It helps that it is a locker room sport. They have time together before and after practice/games so they get that extra time. The tournaments help too. We were pretty close to our select baseball families too. My youngest makes friends everywhere. Summer camp has been good for him making new friends as well.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Summer swim, science olympiad, scouts, lego league.
    I am an introvert and have spent the most time talking to other parents at swim meets. Lots of down time with only short periods to watch the kids swim. Weather is good and people are relaxed and largely non-competitive with each other because of the age and gender divisions. No one cares that my kid isn't great at the sport. Very supportive all around.
    My most introverted kid is getting to know kids through scouts and lego league. These are kids also at school but not in his class, and it is a big deal that he seems to be (finally) building some friendships.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

Swim team. Both of my swimmers (12 and 9$ have met several really wonderful kids through swimming. And I like the parents too. And I’ve met a lot of interesting parents from other teams through being a swim official.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I think the answer is different for the kids and parents in my situation:

My kids have both bonded with friends in their girl scout units and dance teams. My youngest had gotten to know kids in her once a week soccer group. Classes, though, not so much.

I have met a lot of parents through my youngest daughter's girl scouts because the group requires a lot of parent participation. I wouldn't say we are bonded, but we know each other and now sometimes invite all the girl scouts to each others' birthday parties. In my older daughter's girl scout troop, the leaders really don't seem to want volunteers (I've tried) and have almost zero interest in getting to know me or the other parents, even though the troop leaders seem very bonded to my kid and the others. Which I find interesting and just different than how I'd personally lead (I would want other parents involved and to get to know them).

This is making me want to get my kids to do swim team!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3