Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default What do you wear with leggings?

Hello everyone,
    You all always give the best advice for clothes and I seems to need lots of suggestions. We just moved to a cold climate and I work in a school with a business casual dress code. Trying to find some tops to wear that are long and can be worn over leggings. To complicate it a bit, I am just under 5'2 so many tops that are really long are too long on me. I also am trying to find some that have relatively loose sleeves. Tight ones bother me for some reason. Does anyone have any suggestions?
    TIA

I'd love a couple of longer sweaters to go over leggings for work this winter. I have some sweater dresses that I like to wear with leggings and boots, but I'm still pumping once or twice a day at work and don't want to deal with dresses this winter!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Look at Title 9. They have some cute winter tunics to wear with leggings.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm not sure whether I'd consider leggings business casual? Do they allow nicer jeans? Maybe a long cardigan with a tailored top?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I love my fleece lined leggings for warmth but at work I tend to wear them under dresses and skirts, even though we are fairly casual. We are a no jeans environment (some Fridays), so you may be more or less casual. I agree with a tailored top under a long sweater. I've seen lots of them in stores lately, including Old Navy and I think a few in AT in petite sizes. If you are more casual, a longer jean shirt or an oxford can work as a neutral over a patterned shell or leggings. Honestly, I have worn a few mistakes as I was working out the dress code in my new office.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

I'd say tunic-length tops from Nordstrom (I have a long sleeve black one from BP that was pretty cheap that I'm wearing to school tomorrow with a scarf). I also like the A New Day open-front sweaters from Target- I bought a navy, black, and maroon one for teaching this fall. I'm about 5'2" and I think they cover my butt, or get close. Target has a lot of good longer sweater options, otherwise try Loft (teacher discount and good, frequent sales!), or maybe Gap, ON, BR, JCrew Outlet (sales), and Macy's...

Target is rocking so many tunic length tops and sweaters right now! I can't believe how cute their stuff is, and what great high end knock-offs they have! Save some money and go get some well made clothing at Target! I LOVE Loft, too.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Tunic length tops / sweaters . If the top is shorter wear a long cardigan I also like to wear tall boots in the fall ( or the 7 days I can do that during a Florida winter LOL)
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I often wear a longer tank/shell with a cardigan/Blazer/jacket over it.
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

I work in a business casual environment and leggings would not be acceptable. I would keep it to slacks/pants.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast