Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I know the Seville is a common, large tote shape, but I actually prefer the shape of that over the Allyn. I prefer the Seville, especially the zippered top for travel. For the Seville, you can easily buy the Purse To Go organizers, which are economical compared to the inserts. One of the Purse To Go organizers has a zip top even. I have these in different sizes for my handbags.

https://pursebling.com/purse-to-go-c-155_315.html
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

I like the Allyn, but the prices of both are a little much for me.
    I have the Everlane Tote, and LOVE it. I have it in black, and the
    Rebecca Minkoff MAB tote in cognac. I really adore them both, but they are kind of
    big for me, as I don;t carry my laptop, etc, around much.
    We did put my laptop, my daughter's chrome book, and my dh's ipad in my
    Everlane, when we were flying in the summer, as well as lots of other traveling items.
    It was heavy, but the straps held, and my dh carried.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since you are looking in that price point, check out the luggage sleeve options at MZ Wallace. Having zipped around all of Manhattan and Jersey City on public transportation, and navigating the Oculus at rush hour with a luggage sleeve tote and luggage, I will never travel without a luggage sleeve again. Your tote falls off luggage all the time - I used to think I balanced everything perfectly and then boom!

Crosby Traveler was my bag of choice for my trip described above.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    That is why I’m struggling! I really like the Seville cuz of the sleeve factor and zippered top. However I love the details of Allyn and the fact it has its own bottle holder inside the bag which is helpful since I’m always carrying a cup of tea or coffee.

The sleeve comes included. Otherwise I think I would have balked if it was additional purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I get your struggle. I like the Allyn, but not enough to give up the sleeve and zipper. I need a zipper so I would not consider a bag without one. I have one tote without and while I still use it, not as much as I would if it had a zipper on the tote itself. And if I traveled for work, I would need a sleeve.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    Since you are looking in that price point, check out the luggage sleeve options at MZ Wallace. Having zipped around all of Manhattan and Jersey City on public transportation, and navigating the Oculus at rush hour with a luggage sleeve tote and luggage, I will never travel without a luggage sleeve again. Your tote falls off luggage all the time - I used to think I balanced everything perfectly and then boom!

And as a bonus, on its own the MZ Wallace bags are a nice weight. Minimal shoulder fatigue if you're carrying vs using w luggage.

I just took quick look at the Crosby Traveler. Looks nice and a serious contender. Since you’ve travelled a lot with it, does it fit 13” MacBook and 10.5 iPad along with usual stuff like phone, wallet, makeup bag etc? I’m thinking it should based from the pictures and measurements. But nice to know from someone with the bag 1st hand. I like the fact it has more zippered pockets on the front of bag too.

Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    I just took quick look at the Crosby Traveler. Looks nice and a serious contender. Since you’ve travelled a lot with it, does it fit 13” MacBook and 10.5 iPad along with usual stuff like phone, wallet, makeup bag etc? I’m thinking it should based from the pictures and measurements. But nice to know from someone with the bag 1st hand. I like the fact it has more zippered pockets on the front of bag too.

Absolutely! It's actually huge. I have a 15 inch laptop, plus files and cords. There are other luggage sleeve options that are smaller than the Traveler (Kate has a luggage sleeve). I always traveled with my Kate (no luggage sleeve on my version) prior to my Traveler purchase and it's an amazing bag for travel. The Soho Tote will be released with a travel sleeve soon too. Great option if you don't want a ton of outside pockets I am kind of obsessed with it.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Another vote for MZ Wallace. I use a Kate as my work and travel bag. The elastic pockets on the outsides easily hold my Swell water bottle. I added my own padded laptop sleeve for my MacBook. I love all of the inside pockets which keep my cords, business cards, lipgloss, pens, wallet, etc etc etc organized. Nothing floats around the bottom of the bag...everything has its place and it's not at all inconvenient to keep it that way. The front exterior pockets hold my keys, sunglasses, office keyfob, iPhone X (with case). And the rear pocket hold an umbrella. It also comes with a crossbody strap which I've used a few times while running through the airport, but the two shoulder straps stay on my shoulder just fine even with a heavy winter down coat. Oh and water just beads right off of it which is great for rain or snow. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my MZ Wallace bags. Worth every single penny.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ged is online now Gold level (500+ posts)

Me three with the Kate love! But, mine is the older version without the luggage sleeve. I just wish mine had the sleeve, then it would be perfect for me.

Absolutely! It's actually huge. I have a 15 inch laptop, plus files and cords. There are other luggage sleeve options that are smaller than the Traveler (Kate has a luggage sleeve). I always traveled with my Kate (no luggage sleeve on my version) prior to my Traveler purchase and it's an amazing bag for travel. The Soho Tote will be released with a travel sleeve soon too. Great option if you don't want a ton of outside pockets I am kind of obsessed with it.
    Good to know! Allyn bag I was considering is officially off my list now. I just couldn’t get pass with lack of zipper at their price point.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Another vote for MZ Wallace. I use a Kate as my work and travel bag. The elastic pockets on the outsides easily hold my Swell water bottle. I added my own padded laptop sleeve for my MacBook. I love all of the inside pockets which keep my cords, business cards, lipgloss, pens, wallet, etc etc etc organized. Nothing floats around the bottom of the bag...everything has its place and it's not at all inconvenient to keep it that way. The front exterior pockets hold my keys, sunglasses, office keyfob, iPhone X (with case). And the rear pocket hold an umbrella. It also comes with a crossbody strap which I've used a few times while running through the airport, but the two shoulder straps stay on my shoulder just fine even with a heavy winter down coat. Oh and water just beads right off of it which is great for rain or snow. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE my MZ Wallace bags. Worth every single penny.
    I took a look at the Kate bag after Kindra176 mentioned it. It is a serious contender for me. I think I like the Crosby Traveler bag though as it looks bit more pulled together, but something I can’t go wrong either though. I love the fact both bags have crossbody straps, for the event of having to run in an airport or some place else too!

The Lo & Sons Seville bag weighs more empty than either MZ Wallace bags and it’s making me want to cross the Seville out my list.

Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast