Thread: New Dryer

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default New Dryer

We need a new dryer. Our current dryer is electric. We have gas connected to our house but not sure it is worth it to connect to the dryer. The washer still seems fine. Our current ones are whirlpool front loader. They have been great. Any recommendations? I don’t think I want speed queen.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I would buy a basic dryer, no need to go fancy. The features that were important to me were a large drum size so we could dry comforters. Also, I like having sensors for "auto dry" with a cool down feature thats helps decrease wrinkles, "fluff" or a set timer.

We've had Kenmore's that have lasted for years. Not sure what's going on with Sears now that they have filed Chapter 11...

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have the base model Electrolux gas dryer and have had it for 5 or 6 years and have been happy with it. The control panel is electric though so it won’t work when the electricity goes out. This unit is really deep though so be sure to measure your space. I do believe Electrolux makes a smaller space saving model though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)