Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Is TK before Kinder? If so, I would go to the older's parade. If this is her Kinder, I would go to the Kinder parade.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Is this 6th graders last year to have a parade? If so, go to that one.
    This!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would go to your boys parade because there are 2 of them. Would DD be missing school to attend the other parade? I wouldn't do that either. I'd have her do her own parade.
    DS1 2005 and DS2 2007

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by speo View Post
    I would go to your boys parade because there are 2 of them. Would DD be missing school to attend the other parade? I wouldn't do that either. I'd have her do her own parade.
    I definitely would not have her go to her own parade without you. That is hard when other parents will be there. If she doesn’t march this year, then next year in kindergarten it will be her first parade and you will get to see her then. Your first grader will want you there and your younger one won’t know the difference. She can skip school and cheer on her brothers.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Mom View Post
    I definitely would not have her go to her own parade without you. That is hard when other parents will be there. If she doesn’t march this year, then next year in kindergarten it will be her first parade and you will get to see her then. Your first grader will want you there and your younger one won’t know the difference. She can skip school and cheer on her brothers.

I think I’m inclined to do this. I don’t think she’d do well in a parade without me there, but at the same time it might make DS3 sad to have me miss as well! DS2 will have two more years to march. I’m super familiar with the process at the charter school and so is DD so I think I’ll just bring her. Maybe I’ll drop her off at school right after.

I definitely would not have her go to her own parade without you. That is hard when other parents will be there.
    I agree. My kids would have been really upset as preschoolers if I weren't there and the other parents were.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I think I’m inclined to do this. I don’t think she’d do well in a parade without me there, but at the same time it might make DS3 sad to have me miss as well! DS2 will have two more years to march. I’m super familiar with the process at the charter school and so is DD so I think I’ll just bring her. Maybe I’ll drop her off at school right after.
    I wouldn’t. Because then she might know what she missed. She won’t know if she stays home that day.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I wouldn’t. Because then she might know what she missed. She won’t know if she stays home that day.

Yes, the excitement would have settled by the next day but that day they will all be talking about it.

speo is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Not to turn this into a debate, but TK in CA is in public school. It is not preschool. I don't understand skipping a day of school for a Halloween parade. It's more like missing K than preschool if that makes sense. Although I think bisous is suggesting only skipping the morning parade.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Yes, the excitement would have settled by the next day but that day they will all be talking about it.

That's certainly the easiest way to do the day! I don't think she'll be missing much academically that day for sure!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast