Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Recommend long-lasting pantyhose for DD?

DD has to wear black hose as part of a competition debate team uniform. I grabbed a few packs of Hanes at Kohl’s for her competition last week but she ripped one when she put them on and then ripped the other. It’s time to go shopping for more! She can take extra hose with her the day of competition so I’d rather have more packs of less expensive hose than invest in one pair of really great hose.

Any recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by kristenk; 11-07-2018 at 11:29 AM.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    DD has to wear black hose as part of a competition team uniform. I grabbed a few packs of Hanes at Kohl’s for her competition last week but she ripped one when she put them on and then ripped the other. It’s time to go shopping for more! She can take extra hose with her the day of competition so I’d rather have more packs of less expensive hose than invest in one pair of really great hose.

Any recommendation?

You probably want something from a dance manufacturer, regular hose won't stand up to dance / dancers changing fast between numbers.

I either buy from the dance store nearby, or Amazon for brands I know she likes. Our instructor isn't picky re: brands, but many do want every kid to have the exact same everything.

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'd ask the other moms on the team what they get, often the more experienced ones know what to buy that will last.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yes - get dance tights. Usually order from All about dance - several wearings and no issues.

https://www.allaboutdance.com/produc...&ageGroup=none

DD1 MiniMoo 11/10
    DD2 MiniMoo2 9/13

“I have certain rules I live by. My first rule I don't believe anything the government tells me. and I don't take very seriously the media, or the press, in this country." - George Carlin

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Recommend long-lasting pantyhose for DD?

This isn’t a dance team! It’s for an FFA LDE competition which might not help describe it that much, but think of a debate-type competition. Black dance tights would be too thick/dark for what she needs. I just need to find pantyhose that she is less likely to put a hole in as she’s putting them on. She’s my height, so women’s sizes are appropriate. (And the next competition is tomorrow so I need to head to the mall or target/etc.)

Sorry I did such a bad job explaining in my initial post! (I just added the word “debate” in the first post to help clarify!)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by kristenk View Post
    This isn’t a dance team! It’s for an FFA LDE competition which might not help describe it that much, but think of a debate-type competition. Black dance tights would be too thick/dark for what she needs. I just need to find pantyhose that she is less likely to put a hole in as she’s putting them on. She’s my height, so women’s sizes are appropriate. (And the next competition is tomorrow so I need to head to the mall or target/etc.)

Sorry I did such a bad job explaining in my initial post!

Sorry! I totally "read" dance where you didn't say dance. Lol.

I think they are all going to be delicate then, she just needs to figure out how to deal with them. Show her how to crumple them all up on your hand and ease them on, etc. I'd buy a few different brands honestly, but expect them all to suck.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I was going to suggest dance tights too even though I know it wasn't for dance. My Bloch brand tights from high school still look like new. Totally durable! I have black and nude.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I would look at jockey -- the brand has a nice amount of lycra and is more durable than other brands. Also, teach her how to put them on. Have her use lotion on her legs and hands so the hose don't get caught on dry skin/hair/hang nails. If she has long nails, she could wear thin cotton gloves.

Also, when I was a teen, I used to buy 'thigh-hi' hose -- solely because it was expensive to keep replacing hose. At least this way, I only had to replace one leg ... and at that time, I didn't have any need for "control top".

Kindra178 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Commando’s tights and pantyhose last forever. Huge price commitment but they will last.

Unrelated but super funny. Ds2 (5) saw a white woman wearing black pantyhose at Trader Joe’s and he loudly said, “mom, you have got to look at this. I see something really weird. That woman has a white face and black legs!!!”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast