lovin2shop is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Bullet Journal with Prompts

I'm interested in starting a Bullet Journal, but I know that I will never get started if I buy a totally blank one. Are there any journals that already have prompts for common lists, goals, dates, etc?

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lovin2shop View Post
    I'm interested in starting a Bullet Journal, but I know that I will never get started if I buy a totally blank one. Are there any journals that already have prompts for common lists, goals, dates, etc?
    There are a million journals out there. But, I don't think you'll ever find one with just the prompts that you want and no additional fluff that you won't use.

That's kind of the beauty of a blank journal! What'd I'd do is grab any blank leftover notebook you have in your house. Use it for a couple weeks and see what suits you without fear of "wrecking" your shiny new journal. Then, go for it. I had some paralysis about starting, I finally just grabbed a freebie journal from work and started for a few weeks. Learning what I liked and didn't before I committed to The Journal, lol.

Mine has months / to-do's in the front. Lists in the back. The middle is starting to be work stuff, which is kinda new. I do goals, passwords, certain lists, and financial stuff online (google sheets), so having pages set aside for that stuff in my paper journal would just annoy me.

I'd certainly look into pre-printed journals online, see if anything jumps out at you, but I'd also just encourage you to give any old blank one a try! It really is a nice way to go, don't complicate it, it's just paper - it doesn't need to be a flawless work of art! Cross stuff off and abandon those pages if they don't fit, your next book might end up different, and that's great!

FWIW, I use a LEUCHTTURM1917, I believe they also make the "official" Bullet Journal from his website, which looks really nice!

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Bullet Journal with Prompts

I started with an old composition book. I looked at online for some different formats, and came up with my own weekly format. I don’t use it every week, but I should as it was helpful to download everything from my brain to paper. I use it for work though in a separate notebook.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains