Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by elektra View Post
    I have friends who have had to mark themselves "safe" twice in the last 24 hours. First for the shooting and now for the fires. The TO, Newbury Park community will be needing a lot of support. They poor father who was bawling on camera broke my heart.
    This is all so heartbreaking.

Praying for all of you guys in danger, or being effected by the fires, even if it's just emotionally.

Do you think schools might be closed on Monday for air quality. The pictures I see look awful.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    My MIL and my BIL and his family were both evacuated last night. My kids are all out of school so I’ve been focusing on them. I’m dying to turn on the radio but don’t want to worry the kids. I know so many families that had to be evacuated—maybe hundreds.

DH was supposed to work from home today (it’s normally a flex day for him) but his boss decided to make everyone come in for a team building exercise at 4:00 so DH took the train (which is good since the freeway is closed) On his way into work today he saw that there is now a fire at Griffith Park that he can see from his office. Im currently not happy with his boss but maybe I’m just projecting my anger and frustration at the whole situation!

We’re fortunate to be out of the path of the fires for now. The kids and I are prepping our house in the event that we have evacuees come and stay with us.
    Calling everyone in for team building when the freeway is closed for fire is absolutely bonkers. I would have said no, not going. Boss is wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    This is all so heartbreaking.

Praying for all of you guys in danger, or being effected by the fires, even if it's just emotionally.

Do you think schools might be closed on Monday for air quality. The pictures I see look awful.
    We are already off on Monday for Veteran’s Day. I doubt they will give us Tuesday off. Last Dec we had awful fires and we had to work the worst of the days. By the time they closed schools for two days the air wasn’t that bad any more. Too little too late, but that is typical of lausd.

Last year my sisters kids were out at least a week for the fires. I’m sure Conejo Valley Unified school district will be out for longer. Same with Calabasas, Oak Park, Agoura. All those areas are still evacuated with no signs of heading back. And some schools are evacuation centers (Taft)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

This is what it looks like from my area about 50 miles SE of the fires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Last year my sisters kids were out at least a week for the fires. I’m sure Conejo Valley Unified school district will be out for longer. Same with Calabasas, Oak Park, Agoura. All those areas are still evacuated with no signs of heading back. And some schools are evacuation centers (Taft)
    I’m at a nearby charter school and we lost TEN days last year for the Thomas fire.

This year there’s a major problem with infrastructure. About half the homes in the area have Spectrum cable and it’s supposed to be down for possibly the next TWO WEEKS. The public library has no internet and can only check books OUT but not in. It’s a big deal. We’re not that close to the fires.

I do personally know at least one family so far that has lost their home. I hope the number doesn’t climb. It’s still raging. Now it’s endangering the homes that my boss builds.

My mom and sister are having issues with internet, phone, and cable because of spectrum (as in no internet, phone, or cable...my mom called spectrum today...lol.). Fortunately, they have smartphones so they can get information and communicate. My parents know people who have lost their homes. My dad is keeping his fingers crossed that the wind doesn’t turn the fire back towards their house.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

DH was supposed to work from home today (it’s normally a flex day for him) but his boss decided to make everyone come in for a team building exercise at 4:00 so DH took the train (which is good since the freeway is closed) On his way into work today he saw that there is now a fire at Griffith Park that he can see from his office. Im currently not happy with his boss but maybe I’m just projecting my anger and frustration at the whole situation!

We’re fortunate to be out of the path of the fires for now. The kids and I are prepping our house in the event that we have evacuees come and stay with us.
    You aren’t overacting, the boss is a jerk. As someone who has to show up in emergencies at work, I really resent employers who for no good reason make their employees show up. It just makes life harder for everyone.

Philly Mom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I keep thinking about all of you. My cousins grew up in Calabasas so I spent a lot of time there through the years. Thankfully, my aunt and uncle moved down to the water close to LAX a couple years ago. I have one cousin who is in Pasadena, and I assume he is ok. The pictures are just awful. Stay safe!

And Bisous, I would be livid at your DH’s boss. I don’t know where exactly he was traveling to, but if people were coming from up the 101 and he called a meeting anyway, that is so selfish and reckless.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2