wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Skin issue for 11yr old DD

Sorry if these pics turn out huge...posting from my phone. DD1 who is 11, has two spots on her face that have 3-4 little acne size bumps clustered together that are dry and crusty. One is at the corner of her nose and the other (the close up pic) is smack dab in the middle of her chin. No whiteheads or pus. Don’t it or hurt. Just dumpy and now all dried out but almost look like there’s a yellow scab forming. The one next to her nose has been there for a while and is sometimes red, sometimes not but the bumps remain. The one on her chin just popped up this week and of course she’s been picking at it. The rest of her face is totally clear. Any ideas on what it is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Impetigo? It usually starts around the nose and has yellow crusting.

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Possibly cold sore. Or impetigo. Or just picked at acne. I would take her in and have it looked at- there are infections you don’t want spreading, esp to eyes.

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

my first guess would be impetigo.
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Won’t rule impetigo out but it doesn’t have that honey/brown color and no oozing or wetness. Just dry. Each spot less than the size of a pencil eraser.

She doesn’t have school tomorrow so maybe DH can get her in to the pediatrician.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.