Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    Crud, that's too bad about Dornans. I would grab the Virginian and then you can see Grand Teton NP--I wouldn't go back up intto Yellowstone at that point unless you are dying to see something. The Colter Bay Village cabins is a great idea. It's hard to find lodging between Yellowstone and Jackson.
    I think I found a spot at the Colter Bay cabins! I am going to see if I can lock that down today. The staff at the Virginian said that they're building larger suites and they're not sure when they'll be available. If they open up and we happen to grab one, maybe we can cancel? Thanks!

Grabbed a cabin at Colter Bay! Phew! I feel better about this. Thanks all!

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Grabbed a cabin at Colter Bay! Phew! I feel better about this. Thanks all!
    I’m amazed you found availability at Colter Bay. Colter Bay is one of my very favorite places on earth. I often tell people Grand Tetons is, but more specifically it’s Colter Bay within Grand Tetons. We camped there in an RV so no experience with the cabins. We rented kayaks early one morning there and had the most magical time. I don’t think I’d give that up even if the Virginian opened up, but I’m not familiar with the Virginian so maybe it’s wonderful too. I’m so excited for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I’m amazed you found availability at Colter Bay. Colter Bay is one of my very favorite places on earth. I often tell people Grand Tetons is, but more specifically it’s Colter Bay within Grand Tetons. We camped there in an RV so no experience with the cabins. We rented kayaks early one morning there and had the most magical time. I don’t think I’d give that up even if the Virginian opened up, but I’m not familiar with the Virginian so maybe it’s wonderful too. I’m so excited for you.

Oh wow! Now I'm so excited! I was almost going to leave the Grand Tetons off my agenda until this thread convinced me. Since then so many people have emphasized that it is a great area to visit/stay. I guess we got lucky and I'm glad it ended up this way!

oh totally keep Colter Bay over the Virginian!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post

Totally agree! What a great grab. You will love Colter Bay. It is fabulous.

I'm grateful for all of your help! I'm especially happy now with our Colter Bay reservations! We only paid $320 which is more than $200 cheaper than most other options which also makes me very happy!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5